HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:19 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,379 Posts
Very nice Wayne. On my GWS38 I used a couple Scorpion motors and just used the Eflite stick mount adaptors for outrunners. However yours looks to be more sturdy then the stick mount.

I hope to get to mine this winter too. Perhaps we can meet up sometime when they are done for some flying.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Wattage Electrics - Cool
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
Thanks Steve. I am hoping to maiden this one on Sunday.....providing the weather cooperates

I have another fw-190 and a GWS38 to build before spring. This one is actually a Christmas gift for my son, it needs to be complete before he heads back to college on the 6th Jan..

We should get together for some flying, it would be fun to have a couple of these in the air at once. I live on a small lake, so winter flying is a hoot.....unlimited air space

regards,
Wayne
Rad Racer is offline Find More Posts by Rad Racer
Old Dec 31, 2007, 03:17 PM
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
Paint and weathering are complete

Thought I would share a couple of photo's of my FW-190, the painting is finally complete.

This is really my first attempt at this type of painting. I used some of the weathering techniques presented by J Morgan and others. Although not perfect......I am pretty pleased with the results.

Now for the finally assembly....only a couple of days left to complete the airplane Must push on.

Enjoy,
Wayne
Old Dec 31, 2007, 03:26 PM
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
Photo's of the bottom
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,048 Posts
Fuelled with inspiration from all the wonderful work I have seen on this thread, here is my effort. It has been coated with tissue and WBPU and has retractable main undercarriage, tail wheel and operational flaps. I modified it as much as I could to make it a bit more scale thanks to some Park Zone spare parts and some head scratching . It hasn't flown yet and I plan to admire it for a while before the maiden just in case .
Chris F is offline Find More Posts by Chris F
Old Jan 01, 2008, 03:41 AM
GPT
Sydney,Australia
Joined Dec 2004
1,595 Posts
She looks great Chris.Is that the stock cowl modified?
GPT is offline Find More Posts by GPT
Old Jan 01, 2008, 05:39 AM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,048 Posts
Hi GPT, I made the cowl from balsa and attached the front fan part from the Park Zone model. Here is a photo showing it a bit better. I read that your cowl was creased when you got it. Mine has a slight crease in it but I never intended using it anyway. If you want it let me know. I have a sort of build thread for this model in my blog and you can get a better idea of what I have done there.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:05 AM
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
Ready for the Maiden flight...maybe today.

Took a little over two weeks to build and paint....and now were ready to maiden Weather is pretty good today, prehaps we can get it in the air.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 11:05 AM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Racer
Took a little over two weeks to build and paint....and now were ready to maiden Weather is pretty good today, prehaps we can get it in the air.

Looks great and we do have some awesome weather this weekend for January in Minnesota. Hope you can get it out there.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2008, 01:02 PM
The Revegetator
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Racer
It looks good RR. Good luck on the maiden. Mine won't be flying for a while, I'm waiting for a receiver . Tell us how it goes.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 04:08 PM
Callsign: CornDog
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
I've got some minor rebuilding to do on mine after a wing tip hit a tree and stalled her. One thing I noticed about this plane is that it flies real smooth. It's a dream to fly.

After the repairs are done, I'll finaly give her a coat of paint. I'm having a hard time coming up with a scheme though.
HawkLover is offline Find More Posts by HawkLover
Old Jan 05, 2008, 07:11 PM
Fly by Night
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
871 Posts
I've had one of these now for about 3 months. Someone actually GAVE me this plane for free. It was about 1/2 complete so I finished it thinking, its worth a try to see how it flys. I put an e-flite 480 with a 11x5.5 eprop. This plane flys better than any other warbird I have. ( a close 2nd to the pz spit). Lots of Aileron throw too so rolls are effortless. I used a set of landing gear I had from my e-flite P47 instead of the retracts..... great bird!
jteplane is offline Find More Posts by jteplane
Old Jan 05, 2008, 08:54 PM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2006
137 Posts
Great Weather

Sorry guys I just had to comment about great weather is'nt that snow all over the Ground? We just had a week of rain but the weekend has been perfect light breeze and upt 31 degrees celceus beautiful. Hope your maiden goes well as I have one of these and I agree thaey a the easist and best warbird to fly no real nasty habits.

Tony
tmichel is offline Find More Posts by tmichel
Old Jan 05, 2008, 09:12 PM
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmichel
Sorry guys I just had to comment about great weather is'nt that snow all over the Ground? We just had a week of rain but the weekend has been perfect light breeze and upt 31 degrees celceus beautiful.
Tony
It was beautiful here in Minnesota today as well, it was 32 degrees.......32 degrees F that is

Wayne
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:26 AM
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
617 Posts
It flies!

We took the maiden flight this morning. Flew beautiful, only required two clicks of down for straight and level flight.

Nice large loops - both inside and out, inverted only required small amount of down, stalls are stright forward, rolls are a bit slow, I will probably add a bit more aileron throw. Great flying airplane, doesn't seem to have any nasty habits.

The Scorpion motor (3008-28) provides fantastic power, half throttle for realistic flight.....full throttle for balistic flight

Sorry about the blurry photo's, the wife had trouble focusing on the moving target.

Wayne