HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
I whole-heartedly agree with Pat's posts above... both of them ...

I'm also impressed by the hard work and commitment to quality you are showing Mr. Lin. A big Thank You to you.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
Mr. Lin,

Thank you for the update and removing the low quality planes from the market.

Once the FW190s are available I plan on making a large GWS purchase consisting of:
(1) FW-190
(1) P-38
(1) ME-262
(1) ME-109

Thank you for all the effort on your side. It is the effort I see from GWS that keeps me loyal.
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
It's Feb. 20th, I am in GWS China factory. Where the other staffs will back on their position on 26th.

May be I am not smart enough, at leaest, I working hard!

During the long vocation, not too many calls, so I can think more about how to let GWS provide better products to RC flyers.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:44 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
It's Feb. 20th, I am in GWS China factory. Where the other staffs will back on their position on 26th.

May be I am not smart enough, at leaest, I working hard!

During the long vocation, not too many calls, so I can think more about how to let GWS provide better products to RC flyers.

Mr. Lin,

You are doing a great job, and are a key member of the hobby community. I think I can speak for everyone to say "Thank you" for your involvement in the on-line community as well.

Overall, you are doing great things, and I very much hope you will bring the DO335 to market.

One are that could be improved a bit is the research on the model details. Often I see posts asking for details on design or paint schemes and so on. On the internet alone, there are hundreds of sites with very good detail of many paint schemes, blueprints etc. For instance, the FW190 looks good, but is let down by a very innaccurate cowl and a few other details. These details are available all over the web, and the final product could be better, costing only a few hours more in research to get it very close to scale.

That said, I look forward to whatever you bring out (D0335, BF110?, B25? etc). I will get a FW when it comes out, and have two Me262's to go along with my 2x slowstick, pico moth, Zero, 4x mustang, 2x Me109 and 2x Estarter twin
spinnetti is online now Find More Posts by spinnetti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying Flapjack!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
Suggestions on what I would like to see from GWS in the up and coming year:

Release of more planes, maybe a three engine plane, and how about one large scale plane(50+ inches)

Release of more accessories for planes like snow skies, light systems, pilots, and a pushrod system to undercut Dubro's.

Upgrade of old warplanes, improvement of GWS receivers in general to overcome glitching(better digital filtering)

But mainly keep the quality high and I will be happy customer.

Congradulations on a good year and I hope 2007 proves to be the best yet for GWS.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 03:43 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Mr Lin,

You refer in post #55 above to the fact that you have a new supplier of foam mouldings. Easily the most expensive part of making a clone would be producing the mould tooling in which the component foam parts can be produced. I assume you have taken careful steps to ensure that your vendor is only using the tooling to produce moulds for you .......if not then it would be no great surprise to see clone 190's appearing soon?
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,368 Posts
To Pat:
About the rain...August 2005. Came out of the Diamondback's night game and downtown Phoenix was flooded. Water was up to my knees in the street. Cars were stalled where the road dipped. Next morning golf course had a wide lake that had been three fairways the previous day. Monsoon season in late July and August. 108 and high humidity the rest of my stay...The rest of the story.
They like to get all their rain in a big hurry. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:51 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Mike,

Yeah, we did have a pretty good monsoon season here that year. We get what we call "gully washers".

The worst are the dust storms kicked up by thunderstorms rumbling in from the desert. Those have caused some serious pile ups on the interstates.

Hey, good thing the roof was closed on the BOB that night.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,368 Posts
The BOB had us oblivious to what was happening outside. Fortunately we were guests that night of locals with an SUV that knew where to find the high ground or we would not have gotten back to Scottsdale.
Want to give you guys in Meza high praise from my friend Dick Anderson who was in Meza for the electric event a couple of weeks ago. He loved it! You guys were great hosts. Next year hopefully there will be GWS FW-190s and AT6 Texans flying at the event as well. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
I can guarantee that both of mine will be there next year (along with the other dozen or so GWS birds I own ). Yes, what an awesome event it was, and the weather was perfect!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:43 AM
Rocky Mountain High
Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex pilot
Might be a long wait!!! I wish one shop of the 4 in austin texas(including 2 hobbytown usa's) could even get a 262! Austin is hardly small at over 700,000!! Used to be I could get the latest gws planes fast but not sure what's up with the 262. I even ordered one through one of the hobbytown's 4 weeks ago and they still don't have it. Fortunately I did not pay for it! They have plenty of the 3 plus year old offerings. I always try to buy from the local guys but guess it's on-line for the 262 and the 190!!!!

Steve
It is great that you try to support your local shops. We live in the mountains of Colorado and there nearest shop is a minimum 2.5 hour drive one way. We stock some items to support our local flyers as a part of our other business.
Some time it is necessary to go on line. Give us a look at www.hicountryhobbies.com. Our service is good and prices are competitive.
mtnflyer44 is offline Find More Posts by mtnflyer44
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:14 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflyer44
It is great that you try to support your local shops. We live in the mountains of Colorado and there nearest shop is a minimum 2.5 hour drive one way. We stock some items to support our local flyers as a part of our other business.
Some time it is necessary to go on line. Give us a look at www.hicountryhobbies.com. Our service is good and prices are competitive.
very nice prices(better than allerc and epyaya) I'll be going to you for all my orders under $100.

Any possibilty you'll be getting the older planes as well??
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
Rocky Mountain High
Colorado
Joined Nov 2006
195 Posts
go to www.hicountryhobbies.com

Our nearest shop is 2 1/2 hrs. drive one way from Gunnison, CO. We have started a small shop in addtion to our other business to support local flyers. GWS USA advised FW190 should be available in 6 weeks. My order is pending with GWS USA and my start shipping date is controlled by them. Take a look at us, we are dependable and competitive.
mtnflyer44 is offline Find More Posts by mtnflyer44
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2007, 12:01 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
In case you miss the link -- also add some info

GWS-190 video by GWS Tommy
http://tw.video.yahoo.com/video/play...36445&fr=yvmtf

Use GWS Inrunner 4600KV
EPS A gear set, 9050 (3 Blades)
GWS Li-PO 3 Cells 2200 mah
weight 720g
(Also can use same motor -- C gear set with HD1060 prop.)
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Last edited by RAY GWS; Mar 01, 2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2007, 12:16 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Link does not work for me..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram