HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 03:48 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,637 Posts
My P-38 and P-40 both have the ParkZone P-51 pilot, and my Me-109 has the ParkZone Fw-190 pilot. When I get a GWS Fw-190, it will get the Parkzone pilot and spinner (I already have them, just need to get the plane ).

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2007, 06:07 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
I use the Just pilots figures, much more detailed. It's 1/12th scale, which is in the ball park for most GWS models.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old Oct 09, 2007, 10:17 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
The Just pilots? Where can you find them?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Oct 09, 2007, 11:17 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
The Just pilots? Where can you find them?
Either from Hobby Lobby Hobby Lobby or direct Just pilots
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:37 AM
Callsign: CornDog
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
I was looking at these pilots and really like how they look. But my painting skills would not do them justice. I'd also have to get some additional colors ... like flesh tones!
HawkLover is offline Find More Posts by HawkLover
Old Oct 15, 2007, 01:16 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
I switched out the GWS 25 amc ESC with a CC TB 18 esc ... what a differance! It's nice to be able to get more than a few minutes of flight time on a battery back! The first pack I used, 2500 mah, gave me a brief flight and only needed 600 mah's to recharge.

I really love the way this plane flies! GWS really has a winner with this one!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 01:30 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkLover
I switched out the GWS 25 amc ESC with a CC TB 18 esc ... what a differance!
What have you noticed? I have a few GWS esc...just wondering if the difference justifies the higher price tag of CC.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
Here is what happened with my GWS ESC:

Flight #1: The plane took of and needed very little trim. I made about 5 circuits around the field to test roll, inverted flight, glide with no throttle and stall. I then wanted to see how she lands. The landing was okay, but could have been better. I guess if it will fly again, it's a good landing!

Flight #2: Give her full throttle and at the edge of the dirt before the lawn starts, I pulled back to get her air-born. Wow, not enough power for anything! Circle around at about 10 feet altitude and land. This was with the same battery as flight number 1.

Flight #3: New battery, more power, takeoff is smooth! I want to test landing with flaps, so I only make a circuit or 2 and then land her. Another not so good landing, but no damage.

Flight #4: Same battery pack -- I hardly used it during the last flight! Full throttle and there's not enough to get off the ground. She rolls into the grass and takes a bow!

Flight #4 (again): New battery. Full throttle and she's off and running! No problems. A take a few laps and land. Better landing this time!

Flight #5: Well, there was no flight number 5 because again, there wasn't enough power!

All of the above happened within a 30 minute time frame. When I went home to charge my batteries, all of them took less than 1/4 of the packs capacity to be fully charged. I have no idea what was going on. I knew the batteries were good as I used them in a different plane. I figured the best thing to do was to replace the ESC and see what happens. I had about 6 takeoffs and landing using a single pack! Over 10 minutes of flight from that one pack, and I didn't get 10 minutes for all the previous flights with the GWS esc.

What I did not do was fly around until LVC to see if this power loss would occur in flight. I'm still getting use to landing this bigger bird on our small runway, so going to LVC would have been a bad idea.

Another thing to note, though it should not have had an affect, is that I swapped out the BEC to a newer, smaller, lighter one. This should not have any affect, positive or negative, on the operation of the esc.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
BTW, the differance in price isn't that much. I want to say about $10 ... maybe $15.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:06 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
681 Posts
Focke Wulff (1 min 16 sec)

There is a video of first flight.

More to come when I finish painting.
Ceeray is online now Find More Posts by Ceeray
Old Oct 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,427 Posts
Just a pic of my 190. Apple barrel paints and a foam brush was all I used, and some poly. Have a dozen or so flights on it and what a great flying bird!
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
681 Posts
Some pics..

Varioprop 3 bladed.
Parkzone spinner hub+blue foam and glass.

Next: painting and finishing. I will make gear doors someday...
Old Oct 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
Pine, Colorado
Joined Oct 2003
239 Posts
Nice. The cooling fan in the cowl looks great. Are you going to reshape the cowl?
jridge is offline Find More Posts by jridge
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:00 AM
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
681 Posts
Cowl is shortened already for 3 cm at least from original.

I think I will not touch cowling anymore. Its just too much hassle for this size bird...

I just add exhaust stacks, inner guns and maybe guns on top, gear doors. Otherwise I think I will leave rest to be as they are.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:33 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined May 2003
5,364 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished plane.

I've just started glassing my cowl. I've flown it a few times and I've already got a crack in it!