HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 04:26 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Shipping should be less I would think, because it is smaller than the ME262 and P-38. I think this plane is of similar size to the previous warbirds (which makes me happy).

I will pay a maximum of $15 shipping for this model, not a dollar more.

-Chris

PS: I passed on the GWS262 also, the shipping cost ruined it for me... after my earlybird GWS-38 came slightly damaged.
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2007, 04:49 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Chris,

I think $15 is wishfull thinking. This has a 40" wingspan. Smaller than the P-38 and 262, but larger than the other warbirds. I don't think the box would be much smaller than the P-38.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Feb 15, 2007, 04:53 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
The shipping cost is what it has to be - and I don't want them skimping on packing BUT what I don't see is why the "lucky" early birds are charged full retail for a direct ex-factory sale - effectively a "beta" product which (I believe?) may be supplied without a proper manual/without proper decals etc. I don't know what the dealer mark-up is but I think that either the early bird products should be discounted 20-30% for the reasons I've already given or the shipping should be subsidised. At the end of the day its the total amount we pay that matters but I agree with others that paying as much for the shipping as for the product itself gives me a sharp pain. Like Chris, I've skipped on all the early birds so far - I'd like to go for the 190 but I'd like a sign that GWS value my business/recognise that the product may not be complete/recognise that by definition the early birds are committed GWS customers who provide useful and constructive feedback. This sign should have "$$$ off" symbols on it!!

Edit - Pat I agree with you. I've just taken delivery of a 1.5m glider from HK which cost about $45 to ship and I certainly couldn't get a GWS plane from the US for anything much less than about $40 - it costs £6.50 - about $12 to get a GWS kit delivered by mail from my LHS!
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Feb 15, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 05:00 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
16,972 Posts
Roger,

I agree, and have so stated that after getting in on the P-38. Since it is a direct sale, early birds should be able to get the kit at a discounted or dealer rate, and then pay shipping on top of that. Not to mention GWS is benefitting from our feedback on the builds.

FWIW, my P-38 kit was complete except for a manual (which Ray had posted here), and I received one of the first ones.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Feb 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
Union County, New Jersey
Joined Apr 2006
990 Posts
I have never wanted a FW190 (from anyone), but a new GWS warbird single, with a nearly 40" span is something that has me interested. I may take one!

Nice job either way!
alienx is offline Find More Posts by alienx
Old Feb 15, 2007, 05:36 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Feb 2006
1,000 Posts
At least this one doesn't need 90 degree rotating retracts. I don't think we'll ever see GWS makes us those.
Doc Holliday is offline Find More Posts by Doc Holliday
Old Feb 15, 2007, 06:18 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Williams
Beyond Slick Baby! How long do you think until we see these on the shelves in the U.S? I especially like the spring landing gear. Great Job guys .
Funny! I was just thinking how ugly the gear was!

How about this gear I'm making? (prototype #2 in progress)
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fw-189 6th Scale update
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Dear all,

We are very glad that you will like this GWS-190. Yes, shipping cost is high to certain area. It shipping cost is low. I think many more flyers will order from GWS directly.

This GWS-190 kit is completed with manual. Our RD at GWS China is shaping up and doing well. That is why new airplanes are keep coming out instead of one year with one new kit.

GWS Early Birds please email to joyce@gws.com.tw.
We will check the shipping cost for you. GWS-190 will ship out from GWS HQ in Taiwan. Now it is on the way to Taiwan. Shipping from Taiwan is cheaper. Remember we will be on vacation until Feb. 26th. Thank you for your support to GWS.

**update some photos on thread #1
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
O stewardess I speak jive
Willits, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnetti
Funny! I was just thinking how ugly the gear was!

How about this gear I'm making? (prototype #2 in progress)
Granted the landing gear is low on points in the beauty and scale department, but I think that their function will be great. I think the Corsair could use this type of landing gear to keep some of the bounce down to a minimum on the landings.
Jake Williams is offline Find More Posts by Jake Williams
Old Feb 16, 2007, 02:37 AM
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
If you want a nice gear dress kit, the low cost Robart covers look good. I have them on my 52" scratch build. Would probably look good on a 190, down to 40" span. They should have smaller covers too.

Now GWS needs to make a larger 3-blade rubber spinner. hint-hint

I've used their 3-blade rubber spinner on my 2 Guillows 27" 190s, but its a bit small here.

Bill
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Old Feb 16, 2007, 03:36 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
Yeah that orange prop ought to scare the hell out of any allied fighter pilot around
I agree

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Feb 16, 2007, 03:40 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,335 Posts
Hello Guys,

infact of a lack of time for modeling and for some important selvemadeprojects I will buy the FW190 this time not by EB Programm.
I will wait till it is aviable in my LHS.

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Feb 16, 2007, 09:19 PM
Austin
Joined Aug 2002
504 Posts
Might be a long wait!!! I wish one shop of the 4 in austin texas(including 2 hobbytown usa's) could even get a 262! Austin is hardly small at over 700,000!! Used to be I could get the latest gws planes fast but not sure what's up with the 262. I even ordered one through one of the hobbytown's 4 weeks ago and they still don't have it. Fortunately I did not pay for it! They have plenty of the 3 plus year old offerings. I always try to buy from the local guys but guess it's on-line for the 262 and the 190!!!!

Steve
centex pilot is offline Find More Posts by centex pilot
Old Feb 16, 2007, 09:41 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,212 Posts
It's a good lookin bird and at 40" I will get one, when they hit the LHS..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by centex pilot
Might be a long wait!!! I wish one shop of the 4 in austin texas(including 2 hobbytown usa's) could even get a 262! Austin is hardly small at over 700,000!! Used to be I could get the latest gws planes fast but not sure what's up with the 262. I even ordered one through one of the hobbytown's 4 weeks ago and they still don't have it. Fortunately I did not pay for it! They have plenty of the 3 plus year old offerings. I always try to buy from the local guys but guess it's on-line for the 262 and the 190!!!!

Steve
www.epyaya.com
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq