Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:52 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Go to http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/
Click on "gallery"
Click on "propeller"
Click on "FW 190" and you will find several pictures to show you the upper surface of the wing on this scheme
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Some useful information for Germany WW-IIs.

http://www.jg54greenhearts.com/markings.htm

http://users.hol.gr/~nowi/
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Apr 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
junior flyboy
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
These are very helpfull.

Henk
62vette is offline Find More Posts by 62vette
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
What is the best GWS Brushless motor for this bird?
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:02 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Tram,

I'm afraid that GWS 30xx outrunners would not be available in USA, and its shaft adapter is not available, either. I'd like to state following setups for you,

1.GWBLM005 Inrunner 4600KV+EPS A gear+EP9050-3 blade+
3-cell 11.1V 2200mah Lipoly pack.
2. GWBLM005 4600KV + EPS C gear + EP1060 prop + 3-cell
11.1V 2200mah Lipoly pack.

These two setups have been tested well by GWS pilot Tommy Lai in Taiwan, video was posted by Ray at first post of this thread.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,498 Posts
I have to agree with Chen - the biggest GWS outrunner currently available is "OK" but not what this bird needs.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
While you're waiting for the big (and I think a tad expensive) GWS motors something like this puppy should wrench the 190 around the sky OK!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motor-300W-Hig...QQcmdZViewItem

YOu can get one on "buy it now" for $40 but I got one for about $22 - thinking about trying it in the Zero LOL!

Or if you really want a bit of speed http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/600W-High-Torq...QQcmdZViewItem - now that I'd like to see
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
NW Victoria Australia
Joined Sep 2003
482 Posts
I will be running a GWBLM005 4600KV + EPS D gear + 1070 APC SF prop + 3-cell
11.1V 2200mah 20C Lipoly pack

10.9 volts @ 15 amps = 860grams thrust @6000rpm 163watts 64kph

These are awsome motors and at 163 watts you can go to over 200 watts with a GB or prop change
Bthree is offline Find More Posts by Bthree
Old Apr 14, 2007, 05:41 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Because, as I've posted elsewhere, I'm worried about the ability of the cowl to stand up to the rigours of landing on the slope (actually I think anyone who flies without landing gear is going to find it fragile) I made a nose plug from expanding builder's foam. Not pretty but functional.

Also note ParkZone 190 spinner which looks close to scale - hope GWS can come up with something similar - like the P51D spinner it's in two parts but the're a snap- not twist- fit. I've ordered more.

Also researched the PZ pilot situation. The P51 and the Spitfire use the same bust but the 190 has a different one. They're not too badly priced as spares so I've ordered one of each of the two types and will post pics when I get them. This is another hint to Mr Lin that we want to see GWS pilots!!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Because, as I've posted elsewhere, I'm worried about the ability of the cowl to stand up to the rigours of landing on the slope (actually I think anyone who flies without landing gear is going to find it fragile) I made a nose plug from expanding builder's foam. Not pretty but functional.
That's a great idea. What did you use to hold the form? Did you use the cowl? If so, what did you do so it wouldn't stick to the cowl when you tool it off?
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:28 AM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,289 Posts
When will the 190 be available in the US?

Cheers--Stacker
stacker is online now Find More Posts by stacker
Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
That's a great idea. What did you use to hold the form? Did you use the cowl? If so, what did you do so it wouldn't stick to the cowl when you tool it off?
Lesson 1 Line the cowl with cling film (did that)

Lesson 2 know that a $10 can of foam only has a use life of about 60 minutes and contains approximately 2389 times as much as you need (didn't know that - until too late) (I may have exaggerated slightly but at the time it didn't seem like it)

Lesson 3 know that even after you've blown the foam out of the can it will still expand hugely so you don't need the cowl more than half full (didn't know that - I ended up with the kitchen half full ). Keep an eye on it and be ready to remove excess. Fortunately the Chief Fairy wasn't around at the time but she's still complaining about the waste bin that has dried builders foam all over it and sundry other collateral damage around the household.

Lesson 4 It will take more than 24 hours to cure completely - even if the bit you can touch feels set the bit inside won't be so if you pull the plug out early instead of it being exactly the right shape it will start expanding again. Ask me how I know this!

Lesson 5 And finally the good news - once it has set its very easy to shape with a kitchen knife. - just as well for me

And if it does stick to the cowl (mine did a bit) prise it away with a blunt knife.

HTH
Old Apr 14, 2007, 01:23 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Lesson 1 Line the cowl with cling film (did that)

Lesson 2 know that a $10 can of foam only has a use life of about 60 minutes and contains approximately 2389 times as much as you need (didn't know that - until too late) (I may have exaggerated slightly but at the time it didn't seem like it)

Lesson 3 know that even after you've blown the foam out of the can it will still expand hugely so you don't need the cowl more than half full (didn't know that - I ended up with the kitchen half full ). Keep an eye on it and be ready to remove excess. Fortunately the Chief Fairy wasn't around at the time but she's still complaining about the waste bin that has dried builders foam all over it and sundry other collateral damage around the household.

Lesson 4 It will take more than 24 hours to cure completely - even if the bit you can touch feels set the bit inside won't be so if you pull the plug out early instead of it being exactly the right shape it will start expanding again. Ask me how I know this!

Lesson 5 And finally the good news - once it has set its very easy to shape with a kitchen knife. - just as well for me

And if it does stick to the cowl (mine did a bit) prise it away with a blunt knife.

HTH
LMAO!!! I'm SO glad I asked. Thanks for the laugh. I plan on the getting the P-40, so i'll keep all that in mind..
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Apr 16, 2007, 01:06 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
She looks really nice with the Parkzone cowl on her!
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Apr 16, 2007, 01:33 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
She looks really nice with the Parkzone cowl on her!
Have you actually tried the PZ cowl? I've got one on order for a test fit.