HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:01 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Help!
Brushless Set up on a Walkera 52 PLEASE HELP!

Hey there fellow pilots! I am really lost! After 5 long days of work, I finally get a day off and tonight I attempt to install my Brushless set up into my Walkera 52. Heres the scenario. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG! Motor: AON 2415-4100KV. ESC: CC Thunderbird 9. Batt: TT 480mAh. I remove the stock motor. Install the AON Brushless. Plug the Thunderbird into the empty 3RD channel labeled Throttle. Soldier everything. Connect he battery and the heli is alive and main motor runs strong. BUT!!! The tail rotor is running at HALF the speed! I go to hover and the tail just SPINS! Re set up everything and still spinning! So I un plug the main motor to listen to the tail rotor motor. Its spinning at HALF the original speed! So I plug the battery back into the BEC plug originailly from the factory, and the tail rotor is TWICE as fast! But when plugged into the ESC the tail rotor is running at HALF the speed. What am I doing wrong! PLEASE HELP! I am getting frustrated! Please post if you know my problem! THANKS SO MUCH!!
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; Feb 13, 2007 at 03:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:33 AM
Kent UK
Joined Oct 2005
905 Posts
You need to supply the 4in1 receiver AND the esc directly from the battery. This means soldering the Red and Black esc power wires to the rear of the 4in1 circuit board where the battery leads connect.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=1

It is best to remove the red centre wire from the connection plug on the esc. This prevents a parallel connection of 5V regulated voltage lines. I normally just lift the plastic clip ( with the tip of a small blade) holding the socket in place, and slide the connector out of the shell, then isolate with sleeving or tape.

Panic over!
roffey is offline Find More Posts by roffey
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:38 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffey
You need to supply the 4in1 receiver AND the esc directly from the battery. This means soldering the Red and Black esc power wires to the rear of the 4in1 circuit board where the battery leads connect.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=1

It is best to remove the red centre wire from the connection plug on the esc. This prevents a parallel connection of 5V regulated voltage lines. I normally just lift the plastic clip ( with the tip of a small blade) holding the socket in place, and slide the connector out of the shell, then isolate with sleeving or tape.

Panic over!

I actually just figured that out! I found that thread too! Man I hate Panic Mode! I appreciate your time!!
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; Feb 13, 2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:45 AM
Kent UK
Joined Oct 2005
905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k
PM me your addy and I will shoot you out a money order ! I appreciate your time!!
This forum is for sharing info good luck and have fun
roffey is offline Find More Posts by roffey
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:57 AM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffey
This forum is for sharing info good luck and have fun

Thank you!!