SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by 177ichael, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 03:09 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Looking for High Quality Coroplast Zagi Winglets?

I have the answer for you. Please visit my website at:

www.geocities.com/mjchen54

Thanks!
177ichael is offline Find More Posts by 177ichael
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2001, 03:31 PM
Terry Dunn
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Jan 2001
862 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Maybe it's just hard to see on the photos, but those winglets dont look like coroplast. They look like sheet plastic of some sort. Am I not seeing things correctly, or is there some confusion on terminology?
Terry
mopar_man is offline Find More Posts by mopar_man
Old Jul 31, 2001, 03:47 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Well, it's hard to see what the winglets are actually made of in the picture because they are covered with black packing tape. However, you are correct about the terminology. The original winglets that come in the Zagi kits are actually made of what they call PVC sheeting material, which is what I use. However, for clarity purposes everyone refers to that type of winglet as a coroplast winglet, so I decided to call them that rather than explain the difference. However, the winglets I make are of the exact same material as the original "coroplast" winglets in the Zagi kits.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 04:59 PM
Bellevue, WA USA
Joined Jul 2001
23 Posts
Oh so that isn't coroplast? I went and got Coroplast (tm) from a sign company and man is that stuff ugly and kinda heavy too. So what exactly is the the Zagi "coroplast" if you don't mind sharing? Thanks.

- macross
macross is offline Find More Posts by macross
Old Jul 31, 2001, 05:09 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Basically, the winglets are made of thin plastic that is light yet rigid enough to supply ample stability to your Zagi. The store that I finally found that carried the stuff called it PVC sheeting material. I guess it's made of the same stuff PVC pipes are made of but in a thin sheet form. The only problem is that I had to buy a HUGE sheet of it and that's why I'm trying to get rid of it. If you need any of the stuff let me know.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 06:15 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
The stock winglets are not coroplast. Coroplast is "Corrugated Plastic". Imagine Corrugated Cardboard (the material used in shipping boxes), but made out of plastic instead. People generally **replace** the winglets with coroplast, so it looks like you just bought a very large quantity of the stuff all the Zagi owners are trying to get rid of
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old Jul 31, 2001, 06:34 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Everyone refers to the stock winglets that the newer Zagi kits come with as "coroplast". I'm using PVC sheets, which are identical to the stock Zagi 400X winglets. For simplification purposes I was calling it Coroplast because that is what everyone else has been calling it for months. I see now this issue has evolved into mayhem. To make things simple for purposes of Zagis and this board COROPLAST = PVC SHEETING = PERFECT ZAGI WINGLETS =)
Old Jul 31, 2001, 06:44 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
The stock winglets are not coroplast. Coroplast is "Corrugated Plastic". Imagine Corrugated Cardboard (the material used in shipping boxes), but made out of plastic instead. People generally **replace** the winglets with coroplast, so it looks like you just bought a very large quantity of the stuff all the Zagi owners are trying to get rid of
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old Jul 31, 2001, 06:47 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,639 Posts
Lemme guess you are Humpty Dumpty and those words are going to mean exactly what you want them to mean

Coroplast is a registered trademark and furthermore recent threads have indicated that Hobbico have a worldwide patent on it's use in making model aeroplanes - maybe even including Zagi winglets.

What you describe is NOT Coroplast - the original Zagi had Coroplast winglets and the new Zagi has sheet plastic winglets, which apparently from the answers you have received some people are replacing these with Coroplast. If you intend selling these uncorrugated winglets and describing them as Coroplast then you'll probably end up in the Customer Advocacy forum.

Maybe you could send a set to Tic for review

cheers

Leccy
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jul 31, 2001, 06:58 PM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
4,020 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Thanks, but no thanks, I have a pair of scissors of my own.
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Old Jul 31, 2001, 07:07 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
LOL, it's not like I'm trying to push these upon you. If you want go find a store that sells something similar to what Trick R/C sells (if you can) and cut them yourself then do it. But, for $3.00, it will save you looking through the yellow pages and asking about thin plastic and having the other guy on the phone saying "huh? what is coroplast?". To those who don't want my winglets no hard feelings and good luck finding what you need.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 08:57 PM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
That isn't coroplast by ANY name! That's the really thin winglets that shipping with today's Zagi's, the ones that flutter real hard when you go fast. If you look sideways at a sheet of coroplast, it looks like this...

__ __ __ __ __ __
I__I__I__I__I__I__I

Kinda =)
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
Old Jul 31, 2001, 09:14 PM
California
Joined May 2001
92 Posts
Exactly, but coroplast is way too thick to use on a zagi. The newer kits use thin plastic sheeting, not the clear plastic that is a bit thin. Anyone here have problems with the white plastic winglets that ship with their zagis? Fluttering problems specifically? I think not..
Old Jul 31, 2001, 09:31 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
Moved to "For Sale":
http://www.ezonemag.com/cgi-bin/disc...=20&LastLogin=
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Old Aug 01, 2001, 12:33 AM
Flying slowly along..
Northern Ca.
Joined Dec 2000
1,336 Posts
2mm Coroplast is PERFECT for Zagi wingtips. It comes in both 4mm(too thick) and 2mm, just right.

The stuff you are talking about is NOT coroplast. Coroplast wingtips come stock on the Razor. You can get the 2mm coroplast for $10 a 4x8 sheet at sign shops.---Rob
slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by slowflyer
Closed Thread