HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:20 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalbr
...and full scale Cessna 152's can't go vertical out of sight but that doesn't stop my model from doing it!
But why not do it as a Super Cub, which is a better looking aircraft anyway. And flaps are correct for it.

And only real difference is the cowling.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:52 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
First look , for reference , can 12 oz, lipo 2100 , radio dx7, tile size 12 "
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:58 PM
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1
E-flite states 15 good for a scale/sport plane up to 50 oz . 25E Cub flying weight stated as 48 oz. Maybe I'll wait to see whats working for others .
I went for the "power set" option. I'm not familiar with Hyperion's motors and ESC's but I've heard they are good. I'll be curious to see how it performs.
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:00 PM
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
So that's what the kit looks like. The radio and Lipo really put the size in perspective. The can of Budweiser however just makes me thirsty!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:21 PM
All electric, all the time!
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk11740
I didn't even know E-Flite made a "15" until I checked the website. Since this is supposed to be a 25 sized plane, I would think the 15 might be a little "underkill". Personally, I like all my planes a bit overpowered. I find it helps to have the reserve in case I do something stupid and need to power myself out of it.
I would have to agree. The "15" is at the top end of its weight range and the "25" is at the low end of its rage for this plane. I would prefer more power to not enough.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:41 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
I would have to agree. The "15" is at the top end of its weight range and the "25" is at the low end of its rage for this plane. I would prefer more power to not enough.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
I'am not sure , look'n for " scale flight " not 3D . I have a 72" electro telemaster that flies with an E-flite 25 . This plane in no way approches the size of the tele . My Tyro 150 flies on a 480 OR and it has a 55" WS . The EF 15 is good for 300 watts easy . I may be wrong but I think with the current crop of BL motors and lipo's we tend to overpower our planes . Fly them on the prop as opposed to flying them on the wing . I may be wrong , I don't know .

A full scale Cub is a plane that's flown on the wing . Not a plane that's dragged around the sky like an Extra 300 .

I am going to try the E-Flite 15 ,if I have to fly the plane instead of point it in the direction I want it to go I'll be happy
Last edited by jupiter1; Mar 16, 2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Hmmm. Goldberg Husky 400 w/ 38" wingspan. E-Flite 450BL with 3s2100 Lipo and APC 9x7E.

Naw! That's not overpowered is it?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:04 PM
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
I'am not sure , look'n for " scale flight " not 3D . I have a 72" electro telemaster that flies with an E-flite 25 . This plane in no way approches the size of the tele . My Tyro 150 flies on a 480 OR and it has a 55" WS . The EF 15 is good for 300 watts easy . I may be wrong but I think with the current crop of BL motors and lipo's we tend to overpower our planes . Fly them on the prop as opposed to flying them on the wing . I may be wrong , I don't know .

A full scale Cub is a plane that's flown on the wing . Not a plane that's dragged around the sky like an Extra 300 .

I am going to try the E-Flite 15 ,if I have to fly the plane instead of point it in the direction I want it to go I'll be happy
I don't have any practical experience with the E-Flite motors. I actually read a little too quickly. I was looking at the top end for 3d flight. Actually looking at the power rating, I think you will probably be just fine with that motor. Probably similar performance to the Hyp 10e Cub with the Z2213-20 motor. I fly that, but this one looks better made. I should have kept one for myself. Maybe when the others arrive on Tuedsay!

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Just an FYI , I know these were said to be shipped without the build guide. I was looking over the kit ,again , and found the standard Hyperion build guide in the decal pack .

Dave
Last edited by jupiter1; Mar 17, 2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spl
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:21 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Quote:
Just an FYI , I know these we said to be shipped without the build guide. I was looking over the kit ,again , and found the standard Hyperion build guide in the decal pack .

Dave
Now that I look at the kit, I received some type of guide too.
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Mar 17, 2007, 01:21 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Also, this model looks to be very well constructed.
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Mar 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Hyperion typically packs their products with the pictorial instructions, that you have in your box, but they also include a more extensive written build guide. That is what we are waiting for. It sometimes has differnces as well and is the more authoritative guide when differences between the two arrive. According to the distributor, we should a have waited for the guides before shipping the kits, so you guys are lucky to get them. But without the other guide, please proceed with caution. An experienced builder would most likely not have a problem, but the CG, if it is in the pictorial version may be different, so I will let you guys know of things like that and forward the build guide when it arrives.

Thanks - Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Old Mar 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalbr
Also, this model looks to be very well constructed.
I agree, though I only quickly looked at the kits before shipping. My only complaint with the new kits that just came out is the quility of the box. Much easier to damage. Most of the earlier kits had better contructed boxes that would provide an extra layer of protection when shipping. Though that does not impact the quality of the kit. I'm sure it save them cost and shipping weight.

The other kits look very nice as well. The YAK 55 25e is an incredible looking kit! But that that is all I will say about that since this is a Cub thread after all.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Old Mar 17, 2007, 02:39 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,631 Posts
Good stuff, I love the can of Bud in the pic. Almost as good as when people photograph their toes in the pics on for sale adds. Any word on floats?
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Mar 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Any word on floats?
None yet, but I am sure hoping. I think it would be a great addition.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com