HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:06 PM
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1
Yesterday eveing Chris posted that the kits were shipped . Its 4:50 pm my time in Florida . My kit is here !

Chris where's your shop ? next door ? I have had pizzas take longer to get here !

Thanks Dave .
I'd like to take all the credit, but actually we shipped on Wednesday, so two days via USPS Priority Mail. It still amazes me that the US postal service can get a package from our shop in Seattle to Florida in two days! But they don't guarantee the delivery and it is not alway that quick, especially during the holiday season

Glad you were impressed and hope you like the kit.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:18 PM
one game away...
PerfectStranger's Avatar
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Ditto regarding the Cub arriving today. That's some fast moving freight. I just sent you an email Chris.

Matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
I'd like to take all the credit, but actually we shipped on Wednesday, so two days via USPS Priority Mail. It still amazes me that the US postal service can get a package from our shop in Seattle to Florida in two days! But they don't guarantee the delivery and it is not alway that quick, especially during the holiday season

Glad you were impressed and hope you like the kit.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Let me see... I ordered mine yesterday and it takes two days from Seattle to Florida...
I live in Virginia...

WOW! I'll probably have mine in time for my Birthday next Tuesday!!!
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk11740
Let me see... I ordered mine yesterday and it takes two days from Seattle to Florida...
I live in Virginia...

WOW! I'll probably have mine in time for my Birthday next Tuesday!!!
You will probably have it tomorrow, but like I always say with USPS, it is not guaranteed.

Happy Birthday! Mine is on the 29th. Dare I ask how old you are?

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:16 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
I'd like to take all the credit, but actually we shipped on Wednesday, so two days via USPS Priority Mail. It still amazes me that the US postal service can get a package from our shop in Seattle to Florida in two days! But they don't guarantee the delivery and it is not alway that quick, especially during the holiday season

Glad you were impressed and hope you like the kit.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Shipped on Wednesday , I thought Thursday , must have lost a day . I am off work tomarrow and Sunday , only my 5th two day weekend since November. Going to prep for some sunrise flying . Yes sir not gon'a start on the Cub tonight. Hey , it could happen . Right ?

P.S. Happy Birthday gsk11740
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
You will probably have it tomorrow, but like I always say with USPS, it is not guaranteed.

Happy Birthday! Mine is on the 29th. Dare I ask how old you are?

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Thanks Chris! I'll be 49. Still a kid at heart though. Why else would I be in this hobby playing with my "toys" (as my wife calls them)?

Happy Birthday (early) to you too!
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1
P.S. Happy Birthday gsk11740
Thanks!
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
OOOHHHH OOHH!!!

It just hit me. If that plane shows up tomorrow, the wife will see it. I'm dead!

The "Honest Honey, that's not a new plane!" doesn't work when they see it delivered!
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk11740
OOOHHHH OOHH!!!

It just hit me. If that plane shows up tomorrow, the wife will see it. I'm dead!

The "Honest Honey, that's not a new plane!" doesn't work when they see it delivered!
Tell her its the one she OK'd 6 mounths ago that was back ordered and its just now getting here .
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1
Tell her its the one she OK'd 6 mounths ago that was back ordered and its just now getting here .
Hmmm. That might just work! Too bad she's already seen the box for the Adrian Page 80" Super Cub kit I got a while back or I'd tell her that's what the box is.

You know, It's really sad that this R/C addiction can reduce us to this level!
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:09 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk11740
Hmmm. That might just work! Too bad she's already seen the box for the Adrian Page 80" Super Cub kit I got a while back or I'd tell her that's what the box is.

You know, It's really sad that this R/C addiction can reduce us to this level!
Yes and no . There are worse things we could be addicted to . I saw my first RC plane about 30 years ago at the age of 12 and I vowed that one day I too would fly an RC plane . Well it took about 25 years before that happened .
On the other hand my 2 youngest son's flew RC at the ages of 12 and 15 . They have moved on to other things but I hope that someday they well come back to RC planes . But even if they don't I well still have fond memories of the time we spent flying together.
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1
Yes and no . There are worse things we could be addicted to . I saw my first RC plane about 30 years ago at the age of 12 and I vowed that one day I too would fly an RC plane . Well it took about 25 years before that happened .
On the other hand my 2 youngest son's flew RC at the ages of 12 and 15 . They have moved on to other things but I hope that someday they well come back to RC planes . But even if they don't I well still have fond memories of the time we spent flying together.
We're getting way off topic but I agree. I have two nephews with the WORST video game addiction I've ever seen. If either one does anything for money, like get a job, it's only to get the latest game that just came out and then they quit until they need the money again for the next "latest and greatest" game. By the way, they are 23 and 25 years old and still live at home. Why my sister lets them get away with it, I'll never figure out.

I am very grateful that my son has no interest in video games. He got a game cube for Christmas and played with it for maybe a week. Hasn't touched it since. Problem I have is he doesn't seem to have much interest in the R/C planes either.

By the way, the first R/C plane I ever saw was a kitchen broom. There was this guy where I grew up that took great pride in being able to make anything fly. He'd stick a motor, some wings and a radio on just about anything and fly it. For all I know, he's probably the one that came up with that flying lawnmower.
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:48 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Yes! By all means back on topic . So I have this E-flite 15 I'm look'n to put in this bird . I have a similer size plane that flies with an AON 3500 kv heli motor (of all things ) in a Corbi 4.3:1 gear box with 3s 2100 lipo . I have a Tyro 150 with same wing span ,55", that flys with an E-FLITE 480 . How do you think the EF 15 compares to the Hyperion 3019/12 . Is the 15 overkill ?
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Last edited by jupiter1; Mar 16, 2007 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
675 Posts
I didn't even know E-Flite made a "15" until I checked the website. Since this is supposed to be a 25 sized plane, I would think the 15 might be a little "underkill". Personally, I like all my planes a bit overpowered. I find it helps to have the reserve in case I do something stupid and need to power myself out of it.
gsk11740 is offline Find More Posts by gsk11740
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:08 PM
Lost in space
Jupiter FL.
Joined Sep 2006
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsk11740
I didn't even know E-Flite made a "15" until I checked the website. Since this is supposed to be a 25 sized plane, I would think the 15 might be a little "underkill". Personally, I like all my planes a bit overpowered. I find it helps to have the reserve in case I do something stupid and need to power myself out of it.

E-flite states 15 good for a scale/sport plane up to 50 oz . 25E Cub flying weight stated as 48 oz. Maybe I'll wait to see whats working for others .
jupiter1 is offline Find More Posts by jupiter1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 25e Hyperion Cub PerfectStranger Scale Kit/Scratch Built 1 Feb 27, 2007 10:44 PM
Discussion Piper Cub with flaps flossandfly Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 5 Mar 27, 2006 10:04 AM
JR662 with flaps? Pacoson71 Radios 1 Nov 18, 2002 08:16 AM
DAW 1-26, more lift with flaps? Tim K Slope 0 Jun 03, 2002 03:30 PM
Crazy Max with Flaps russ6421 Parkflyers 2 May 02, 2002 02:04 PM