SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:39 AM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Discussion
New sub-micro indoor/office flyer, Walkera 5#6,(with pics and VIDEO,post#15 & #43)

Walkeras new model, the 5#6 is being released this month. Its a coax micro that has a rotor span of less than 7 inches.
Walkera is supposed to be sending me a couple of these helis to demo with my next order that will arrive next week.
I am curious as to how many of you guys would be interested in this bird.
I am anxious to get it and see myself if its any good.
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...pn=Z25%2360103

From what they have quoted me, it should sell for $75-80, or $85-90 on my e-bay store.
Seems like Walkera has been hard at work with alot of new models and improving thier old ones. I think that the Walkera of old is a thing of the past. They still have room for improvement for sure, but they are getting better and better,IMO

Casey
www.highvolt-heli.com
turbomagnum is offline Find More Posts by turbomagnum
Last edited by turbomagnum; Feb 16, 2007 at 01:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:40 AM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
The link isn't working for me, is there any other way to view it?
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,019 Posts
Just go to http://www.walkera.com , then click on Helicopter in the lower left, then click the 5#6. If your browser offers to install Chinese language packs, you can safely click Cancel and the page will still display fine.

As for the original question, I'd love something this tiny for this price, if it really works as well as a ESky CoCo Lama for example. I must admit I'm put off by Walkera's reputation for poor quality though, so I'd be likely to hold off until others tried it.
bilboa is offline Find More Posts by bilboa
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
I dont know why the links dont work.
Try to copy and paste

www.highvolt-heli.com
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenkins
As for the original question, I'd love something this tiny for this price, if it really works as well as a ESky CoCo Lama for example. I must admit I'm put off by Walkera's reputation for poor quality though, so I'd be likely to hold off until others tried it.
Yeah, I hear you. I hope to be flying this by next weekend, and I will report back. They told me they will be sending me 2 of these.(for free )
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:11 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,829 Posts
Hey Turbomag, please post back here and let us know how you like the new Walkera micro. I would like to possibly order one. What is your website?
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:08 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
That first link has some odd stuff in it, but this one was OK

1). Main Rotor Diameter (Upper): 175 mm
2). Main Rotor Diameter (Lower): 175 mm
3). Overall Length: 175 mm
4). Drive System: 21215 strong-magnetic motor
5). Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-PO battery
6).All-up Weight: 55g (Battery included)
7).Transmitter: WK-0405
8).Gyro: Built-in
9).Receiver: RX-610
10).Servo: weight 3.5g ; speed 0.11sec/60(4.8V); torque 0.08kg/cm (4.8V) ; dimension 17.5X6.5X21.5mm

1). Coaxial structure and palm-siazed dimension are used to make HM 5#6 as the optimal model for indoor entertainment.
2). 21215 strong-magnetic motor as power is powerful and make flight stable.
3). Highly efficient servo (3g) is prompt in reaction and effectively guarantees the performance of various flight.
4). The receiving circuit is equipped with a built-in gyro. Whose sensitivity can be customizedly adjusted.
5). The high-volume 3.7V 400mAh Li-po battery pack. A full charged cycle will offer the HM 5#6 with 7-10 minutes flight.
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:10 PM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k
Hey Turbomag, please post back here and let us know how you like the new Walkera micro. I would like to possibly order one. What is your website?
I have an e-bay store for now. After it gets going I will be at www.Highvolt-heli.com
You can go there now for a link to the e-bay store.
I will report back, thanks for your responce. Lets me know people are interested.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnum
I have an e-bay store for now. After it gets going I will be at www.Highvolt-heli.com
You can go there now for a link to the e-bay store.
I will report back, thanks for your responce. Lets me know people are interested.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Well, I recieved the 5#6 yesterday from Walkera.
First thing you notice is it is TINY! The Packaging is very good as well, they took some time with it.
I unpacked it, taking some pics as I went.
I went over all of the screws for tightness and gave it a good once over. Everything was in order, the swashplate was close, I didnt level it out, I wanted to give it a "right out of the box" try.
After going over the instruction book, which to my surprize went over how to set the CG and how to level the swash, I charged the 3.7 li-po with the included charger, checked the CG after installing the battery, it was spot on, sat it down on the ground and fired it up.
It went right into the air with ease. I trimed the leftward yaw and it was in a rock solid hover. I trimmed the swash on the controller and I was off.

Now I must say that for its size and the rap that Walkera has for quality, I was amazed with this thing. It flew straight from the box with very minimal effort(I wish my 36 did).
How does it fly? Amazingly well! very solid. Plenty of power using what looks to me to be 2 standard issue Walkera tail motors. We will see how long they last.
I have only flown 1 other coax heli, a Blade CX. I feel this thing flies just as well maybe even more controlable, maybe because of its size.
However the biggest thing that impressed me the most is the toughness of this little thing. I have crashed it about a dozen times against the wall, boxes, even wooden chairs and NOTHING has broken, un-believable.
The worst thing that has happened is, the flybar pops out of its holder and flops around. The first time this happened, in the first crash against the wall, tha flybar came completely off and went shooting accross the floor. I thoght to myself "now I am screwed". But I picked up the flybar, went to the 5#6 and snapped it back together and back in the air I went! This has happened I guess 10 times(No I am not a great pilot), each time I have snapped it into place and resumed the flight. In short- this little bird is TOUGH! I honestly cant believe how much abuse it has taken and its still in the air.
If I can figure out how to post the pics, I will. I also have video that I will upload to you-tube, I hope it will be later today.

My overall opinion on the 5#6 is, Very impressive! I thought because of its size the flight characteristics and its durability would be compromized. They are not. A 4 channel heli of this size is just amazing.
Now you might be thinking to yourself that I am saying all of these things just to sell them when they become available. But I think when other people experience this heli for themselves, everyone will know. Look at the video and the pics and make your own judgment. If this thing were crap, I wanted to know about it. Because if it were, I would not invest the couple thousand dollars into a new model that it takes. I want to put my money into other products.

So check out the pics and the video when I get it posted and see what you think.
Casey
Old Feb 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
Mom says I'm special...
Aurora, CO
Joined Apr 2003
2,562 Posts
That's awesome, thanks for sharing! Let us know when you post the vid...
beafraid8 is offline Find More Posts by beafraid8
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:13 PM
United States, NJ, Warren
Joined Jan 2002
127 Posts
Are they available for sale? I would be interested. Thanks
ngenoese is offline Find More Posts by ngenoese
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Dec 2006
4,309 Posts
Any idea when you will have them for sale ?
Spidious is offline Find More Posts by Spidious
Old Feb 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Its not for sale yet. Walkera sent me this one to demo.
I think it will be late March before I see any, hopefully sooner. I have had a few people interested thus far.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:13 PM
utah
Joined Jul 2006
137 Posts
Heres the vid I promissed.

Walkera 5#6 micro heli, demo video (4 min 7 sec)

The 5#6 is still going strong. I have charged the battery about 5 times now without any problems. It flys for a good 5 mins on a charge and seems to take 30 min or so to charge.
Let me know what you think!(of the 5#6, not my flying skills)