Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2007, 01:42 AM
Joined Nov 2005
78 Posts
Discussion
Edge Rc Tropical Storm

I first heard about this little machine in a thread here on RCGroups. I have always been someone who likes to have something different at the slope so I thought I would give it a try so I ordered one the next day. I had it ready within a few hours of the mailman delivering it but waiting for the winds do cooperate took a bit longer. I was anxious to put the TS through its paces to see if it lived up to all of the hype. Well maiden day finally came and all I can say is WOW! This little thing rocks!!!

My only problem is that it makes my other planes feel so slow and lame! It is definitely not a lazy sunday flier!

Anyone else out there had the same experience?
slopenutz is offline Find More Posts by slopenutz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2007, 07:13 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,293 Posts
How about a link.
Can't even find an Edge RC on google.
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Feb 08, 2007, 07:15 AM
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
The tropical storm looks like the BOMB!! Iam going to get one next month! Looks like a perfect plane for Los Banos!!!
Badog65
badog65 is offline Find More Posts by badog65
Old Feb 08, 2007, 07:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
http://www.edgerc.com/Tropical%20Storm.htm
Old Feb 08, 2007, 09:21 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,782 Posts
We finally got warm enough for me to venture out to the slope and I had Nick do the maiden...WOW! I'm glad I didn't back out on the order after all the bad publicity in the first few days. This thing ROCKS!
Can't wait for the Hurricane!!
Dean
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Feb 08, 2007, 09:39 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,293 Posts
Thanks, BD65.

Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Feb 08, 2007, 11:23 AM
Joined Nov 2005
78 Posts
Here is a video of my maiden flight. The AUW of my TS is 7.5 oz. Winds were about 12mph and temps were VERY cold! Since this I have flown in 8mph as well as 25-30mph and it handles great in any condition. It is really amazing how a plane that is this light can penetrate 30mph winds. I have yet to add any balast.

http://home.comcast.net/~rcvideoz/Tropical_Storm.wmv
Old Feb 13, 2007, 09:06 AM
Joined Nov 2005
78 Posts
WHAT? No one else out there flying this bird? It is quickly becoming my favorite frontside plane! Try it, you will like it!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:13 AM
PWP!
USA, HI, Makawao
Joined Oct 2002
3,901 Posts
slopenutz - how many days did it take from order to postal delivery?
ajroahkni is offline Find More Posts by ajroahkni
Old Feb 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,414 Posts
slopenutz-

I'd gotten a proto-type TS last year and thought is was a great little flyer. I had some troubles getting the cg just right, mostly because I'm not that good of a pilot. While doing that I pretty well trashed the plane and Justin's fixing it for me.

My flying buddy ordered one and it is expected along with my rebuild anyday. Be happy to share our joy when it arrives!

Greg
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Old Feb 13, 2007, 06:10 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,207 Posts
Hey, nice video! Plane looks fast (and twitchy). How much wind was there for the video?

I'd like a 60" or 2m version...
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
48 Posts
they have a 48" version called the hurricane
edgerc.com

badog65
Old Feb 13, 2007, 08:24 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,177 Posts
if you Follow this thread you can find out more about this little plane as I was the first one to fly one successfully with great results,,here's a link

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591655

I still like the plane reguardless of the relationship I have with the manufacturer.

Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajroahkni
slopenutz - how many days did it take from order to postal delivery?
I have recieved several PM's asking me this question. I look at it this way...if you want a mass produced plane then call up one of the retailers in VT, FL, or CA. Chances are you will have it on your doorstep in 3-5 business days. When you show up to the slope and there are 3 other planes just like the one you just bought, I guess you know why. If you want to fly something a little different and unique, well, you might need wait a little bit.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle
Hey, nice video! Plane looks fast (and twitchy). How much wind was there for the video?

I'd like a 60" or 2m version...
It was really only twitchy in the first few moments after I threw it out. I was trying to trim it out to fly straight and level. Once dialed in it is actually rather smooth for a 28 inch wing. I have the aileron throws set up with a good bit of throw. The day I maidened the TS the winds were in the low teens. It is a very fast little plane that also happens to be tough as nails. I like it more everytime I fly it.