HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:36 AM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Discussion
Blade CX2 mods?

Hiya everyone!!

New to the forums, so firstly, hello to all, great forums! I hope to be able to learn a fair bit here

Now, the CX2

Im getting mine shortly, cant wait! Here in the UK, were not as lucky with the CNC upgrades, and the nice Boomtown Carbon tail and Landing Skid mods, so..... is there ANYWHERE in the USA able to supply the mods to me in the UK at a reasonable price?

Next question is..... what upgrades?

The CX2 flies well straight out the box, but I really like the look of the Blue upgrades

Which ones to get thats the problem!

The swashplate is a definite I think, but what else

The Bladegrips I have heard mixed things about, some think there great, and reduce blade strikes, others say they are too heavy, and make the CX2 unstable in a hover, then If I understand it correctly (coz im new lol) the blades that are standard cannot be used, you need another type of blade... leading to more noob confusion LOL

Also the motors, can u upgrade those?

Sorry for all the Q's!!

Anyways, thought I would ask you guys as you have been flying them a while, and would know the pro's and cons, so please let me know (escpecially WHERE you get them from and WHATS available) then I can look into buying some parts

Best wishes

Chris
Pepperami is offline Find More Posts by Pepperami
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:47 AM
Joined Jan 2007
80 Posts
From experience I would say that the swash and lower head are a MUST. I've broken so many lower heads I can't even count them. I would buy the alum. lower head if it were at all available. Also, i'm on my third swash, so I would reccomend that as well. The upper head i'm not fully convinced about. I have one, but it seems to wobble a tad. Also, the aluminum bearing holder I have (EFlite model) won't fit on some of the inner shafts (also EFlite) from what seems to be a QC issue. I ended up messing up the soft aluminum on the holder trying to get it on a malformed inner shaft.

As for the blade grips, as you said, results are too mixed to really want to get them. Also, although blades are scarce now, they shold be readily available soon, and are cheap enough to consider disposable, especially once you become a more skilled pilot and crash far less often.
CKxx is offline Find More Posts by CKxx
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
THANKS FOR THE REPLY

What are your views on bladecxpro.com is it?

I see he has lots of stuff, again its what I need and the QC issues, I saw on another forums there were a few problems with there stuff a while ago, but being new, i dont know
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:57 AM
Joined Jan 2007
80 Posts
I have no specific experience with them, so I can't say. I'm new myself, but have alot of friends flying helicopters so I picked up alot of info quick. Personally, I have yet to have a bladestrike that doesn't involve a chair so I don't have a need for a raised upper rotor setup. Their shorter flybar should do what it claims, but I'd wait to get used to the stock heli before making it more responsive in any way.

I have to head back to work now. : ) later.
Old Feb 07, 2007, 12:00 PM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply, see u later have a good time at work
Old Feb 07, 2007, 12:36 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,641 Posts
Chris,

Take a look at this thread, especially post #12...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624508

Roger
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2007, 12:46 PM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Hey thanks mate!
Old Feb 07, 2007, 01:04 PM
Elizabethtown the Hub City of Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
119 Posts
Anyone know if the parts for the E-Sky Lama and the CX/CX2 are interchangable? (innershaft,outer shaft and gears)
Kydave is offline Find More Posts by Kydave
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:07 PM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Chris,

Take a look at this thread, especially post #12...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624508

Roger
Well that says it all I think!

Appreciate that mate, thank u
Old Feb 07, 2007, 03:56 PM
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
Boomtownhobbies will ship to the UK and it is only $1.00 more that U.S shipping. The boom kit and skids on ebay is $31.00 total shipped anywhere worldwide.

-Jamie
stersman is offline Find More Posts by stersman
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:55 PM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Thanks jamie, will look into that one tomorrow now, its bed time here LOL

I will bid and pay tomorrow if thats ok?

Im sure I saw u on there, but you had low stocks, is this issue sorted now?

Chris
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:12 PM
Joined Jun 2006
284 Posts
We are now shipping next day but it will not take long before we are back ordered again. These boom kits are selling as fast as we can make them.
stersman is offline Find More Posts by stersman
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:35 PM
Joined Jan 2007
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydave
Anyone know if the parts for the E-Sky Lama and the CX/CX2 are interchangable? (innershaft,outer shaft and gears)
Nice Q. Any other heli have a swash or lower head that would fit the CX2? If there is, i'm sure that one will sell out instantly from all retail locations.
Old Feb 08, 2007, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2007
21 Posts
Check your Ebay, thanks mate