HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2007, 10:05 PM
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Help!
Is this an okay car??Need help..new to r/c

So i'm new to the forums and to gas r/c..i just bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1469&rd=1&rd=1

and i need to know if it's an okay buggy and if i need to do anything special before running it..what i need to run it...and any beginner tips...

Thank you all
blehh is offline Find More Posts by blehh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2007, 10:44 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,778 Posts
just break it in properly .... find and buy plenty of spare parts as they arent easy to get

they arent bad alot of folks like them you should have fun with it .. follow the instructions break it in right and keep an eye on the temps
turbored21 is online now Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Feb 06, 2007, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Okay thank you

well what if it doesn't have instructions??how do you break it in??

and how do you watch the temp?

is there any videos that teach you how to use them?
Old Feb 06, 2007, 03:02 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,778 Posts
hmm well heat cycle method is usually preferred go on tower hobbies and order a temp gun
First tank start the engine run it gently around till it reaches operating temperature "roughly 200 degrees F" run it for another min or so then shut it off let it cool completely

Second tank repeat above process

Third tank repeat above process

Fourth tank lean the high speed needle 1/8th of a turn "turn it in" and repeat above process

Fifth repeat

Sixth repeat

Seventh lean it again 1/8th and repeat

Eighth lean it 1/8th "should be tuned about right by now" and now your engine should be heat cycled completely and broken in

All the while using your temp gun to kep an eye on the temps dont let it get over 225 degree's or so dont go full throttle till the last 2 tanks and even then only for short periods of time 4-8 seconds if when you lean it the last 2 times the temps want to start to rise above 220-240 then you need to richen it back up just a bit turn the needle out 1/16th - 1/8th of a turn 220-240 is normal running temp for most nitro engines

anything above 250 usually means damage and shortened engine life is eminent

as for temps you can also use the water drop or "spit" test take a drop of water or spit and drop it on TOP of the cooling head if it takes longer than 5 seconds to boil off your fine if its boils away in 5 seconds or less shut the engine down and richen it up a bit

now for the low end which youll tune only when your happy with the high speed needle

to set the low once the high is set where you like it pinch the fuel line the engine should stall out it about 5 seconds if it takes longer its a bit rich turn it in...... if it revs way up and stalls really fast its a bit lean turn it out

there are videos for this on yahoo/google video just search nitro breakin /tuning youll find them
turbored21 is online now Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Feb 06, 2007, 04:03 PM
Joined Feb 2007
16 Posts
Okay thank you so much

=]

i think i found a video on youtube that's good..it's for traxxas so i don't know..but i will look some more.

thank you again.