HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by G WILLIE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 11:06 AM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
665 Posts
Discussion
Post your vintage insignia and decals here

I need help for some decals. Does anyone have a clean scan of the old AMA wings over ďAMAĒ, the original 1957 Nats decal, and a scan the PAA letters? The AMA was black as Iíve scanned it, the Nats was color as scanned, and I have nothing on the PAA. I never had an original set; I hand painted mine the night before processing. Help ĖHelp!!

A few summers ago, 50 actually, I built a Veco Commanche and a Peter Pan to fly in the America and Jet PAAload classes at the 1957 Nationals in Willow Grove, PA. The Peter Pan was designed by Dallas Sherman and published in the June 1956 Flying Models. I didnít do very well at the Nats, but I had one grand experience. Being at an event where all classes and everyone youíve ever seen and worshipped in the mags shared the same work hanger was awesome! I joined AMA as a junior and was and am very proud of my 2825 license number.

Anyhow, 50 years later, I am building another Commanche, original size, but his time with electric power and 3 channel micro RC. Iím also building another Peter Pan, but 1.5 original size, GWS fan with a Fiego brushless motor, and 4 channel micro RC, ailerons and rudder/elevator mixing on the vee tail. I need the above scans so I can recreate my wonderful summer projects from 50 years ago.
G WILLIE is offline Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Last edited by Angela H; Feb 10, 2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: title change requested
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2007, 01:48 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Any good? I traced it
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Last edited by vintage1; Feb 05, 2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 04:49 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,290 Posts
Nice work.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Feb 05, 2007, 05:26 PM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
665 Posts
Looks good to me Vintage - Thanks!
G WILLIE is offline Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Old Feb 06, 2007, 03:09 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Nice work.
Actually its terrible, but the originals were just too messed up..if anyone has better ones improvements can be done.

At least it would pass muster at a casual glance.
Old Feb 06, 2007, 08:14 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Fife
Joined May 1999
2,843 Posts
I'm sorry I have to disagree with you here Vintage - I can't see anything that's terrible about it. It looks great to me!
Ian Easton is offline Find More Posts by Ian Easton
Old Feb 07, 2007, 02:59 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,500 Posts
I must say I thought it was very good too. So good I thought about printing it out on tissue and using it on a wing or two.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Feb 09, 2007, 09:26 PM
Havin FUN
United States, KS, Basehor
Joined Sep 2001
573 Posts
Hi Gang,
Saw this somewhere a long time ago... don't know if anyone
would be interested in doing what you can with it.
Gonnacrash
Gonnacrash is offline Find More Posts by Gonnacrash
Old Feb 10, 2007, 05:37 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
If you can rename this thread to 'useful decals' and make it a sticky, it would be a great thread to post scans of loads of vintage decals.

Its hard work, but tracing and re-making these would be something we could do on an 'as needed' basis.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage1
If you can rename this thread to 'useful decals' and make it a sticky, it would be a great thread to post scans of loads of vintage decals.

Its hard work, but tracing and re-making these would be something we could do on an 'as needed' basis.
I like that idea Vintage. You seem to know what you are doing on this subject, so how about could we ask you PLEASE to start the new sticky thread. We can then add our decals and you can attack at your leisure----just to keep you out of trouble of course.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:20 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie
I like that idea Vintage. You seem to know what you are doing on this subject, so how about could we ask you PLEASE to start the new sticky thread. We can then add our decals and you can attack at your leisure----just to keep you out of trouble of course.
I've 'reported' the thread to the mods and requested a sticky status and a title change..

Probably the thread originator should do that but what the heck.

Thinkng FROG, SMAE, KeilKraft and the like...
Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,290 Posts
There's a decal thread on 'Scale Electric Planes.' It's more insignia and stuff:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=decal

Tom
Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:49 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,703 Posts
Well they moved it and renamed it..Thanks Mods!

I know ALL about the scale forum sticky, but that's insignia as you say. These aren't scale, these are the decals you used to get with old kits, or because you were a member of the AMA or whatever..
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:24 AM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,290 Posts
Great. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Tom
Old Feb 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
NSWFFS
Richmond NSW Oz
Joined Apr 2005
706 Posts
Here's a Frog one I cleaned up a while back. It's not brilliant but not bad when printed onto tissue. I have a far larger (but only 400kb) version if it'd help cleaning it up further.
McGiver is offline Find More Posts by McGiver