HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2007, 10:25 AM
Joined Oct 2005
126 Posts
Discussion
BubbleDancer Allegro plan printing..

OK, I should know better, but before I start gluing..

I printed out the plans for the Bubble Dancer at work, shhh, and I feel like they may be a little skinny - but I can not be sure.

The ribs line up on the plans, and the shear webs fill the gaps between perfectly, but it looks like I would have to notch the TE more than shown on the plans. I think I ran into this before, can not find that thread or answer anywhere.

Also, it looks right from the spar notches to the LE - just looks like a lot to notch on the TE (or I am into cutting 1/8 off the rib).

I don't think I used any scaling on my printout, but is there a "secet" setting I should have chosen? Should I just be ready make some deep notches?? I really just don't want to end up with an extra high aspect wing, I guess.

Thanks!
Brent
BrentD is offline Find More Posts by BrentD
Last edited by BrentD; Feb 04, 2007 at 10:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2007, 01:30 PM
Elitist Sub-group
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
13,871 Posts
Brent,

I notched the TE wood on my BD. I think the laser cut rib parts are just a little bit long. BTW, I think you can confirm that everything is OK by looking at the plans pdfs, one of them I think has the cord lengths in inches at the poly breaks. You could measure your printed plans and confirm it is OK.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Feb 04, 2007, 03:19 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,679 Posts
The Laser Art ribs are a tad long and need to be trimmed at the rear to fit. This is normal and the way they were designed.

I sell a 2 page full size plan set for the BD. $25.00

Mark Miller
Isthmus Models
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Feb 04, 2007, 03:52 PM
Joined Oct 2005
126 Posts
That makes me feel better - I measured at the tip break, and I am at 8", as shown on the plans at Charles River (and Mark's plans).

I appreciate the sanity check - and if I didn't already have my plans taped together and on the board, I would take Mark up on his plans. I'm just too impatient to wait now ; )

Thanks,
Brent
BrentD is offline Find More Posts by BrentD