HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2007, 04:11 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Discussion
My newest SPAD.

I finished my SPAD stick today. Even tho the wind was blowing around 25 mph, I maidened it anyway. Flew great, but I have to tweak the engine a little. I'll try to post a video, if I can get someone to hold the camera!
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
Sweet Milindrah. What kind of motor is that?
Smooth Spanky is offline Find More Posts by Smooth Spanky
Old Feb 03, 2007, 05:36 PM
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
It is a Tower Pro .46. A club member gave it to me because they couldn't get it to run right.

The plane weighs 5 lbs. and flies very fast. I haven't tested out it's aerobatic capability yet. Due to the high winds and freezing temps today. I have a few cosmetic things left to do on it and I changed quite a few things on the plans. I used a arrow for the wing hold downs, if you look close you can see them. I figured carbon fiber was stronger than a 1/4" wooden dowel and I didn't have to fuel proof it. It's got all the goodies on it tho. You just can't see it. Voltwatch, remote switch/charging jack, etc. This is my first tricycle setup and I must say I don't like it at all. Weight is a factor as well as tipping over if you turn to sharply. Besides that I like the plane. The wild colors where all I had on hand at the time. I was gonna call it tooti frooti because of the colors. But decided on Mo Joe (MOJO) instead. Guess you can figure my name is Joe, right?

You still got that PT SPAD you built? Yeah I saw your thread a while back. It looked good!
Old Feb 03, 2007, 09:18 PM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
Thanks for the details Milandrah - I like your build a lot. Hope yoiu get the TP .46 working better than the guy who gave it to you.

Yeah, trike landing gear adds a lot of weight, but there they handle nice on the ground.

Keep the pics comin' and good luck getting it dialed in .

Yes, I've still got the PT Debonair. I'm using it as a trainer for the kids. I'm having some engine troubles I have to figure out though. So many tasks, so little time....
Smooth Spanky is offline Find More Posts by Smooth Spanky
Old Feb 03, 2007, 10:54 PM
Joined May 2004
44 Posts
Sweet looking plane Milandrah ! I'm currently building a ultraspadstick but downsized it for my 25cc weedwacker motor. I'm often on travel to my field branch located in Stone Mountain and have visited the local hobby shop. Are you coming to the 2007 Spadfest here in Iowa? That plane would look pretty cool in the line up.
emailbanter is offline Find More Posts by emailbanter
Old Feb 04, 2007, 07:13 AM
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
I didn't even know there was such a thing as Spadfest! LOL

I wish I could come. But between work and family I can't go that far. It would be nice to see other spads. A guy at my field has the Ultra Spad Stick and the Spad Stick. Me and another guy have 2 BUHOR'S and 2 McDDD's. Those are a lot of fun.

I plan on going to SEFF this year tho.
Old Feb 09, 2007, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2005
357 Posts
i love the simplicity and ease of contruction of these type of aircraft i need to find some Choroplast!
jon8889 is offline Find More Posts by jon8889