HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:15 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
Darthdrk you have issues I am not aware of? I give my honest opinion and you flame me.
You called that a flame ?
Dont be so touchy feely
I strongly disagree with the counter productive part. Its all about what your personal goal is flying RC Helis. Nothing more cooler than flying around a scale ship.(Just my honest opinion) When I look at some of "T-rex threads" such as show me your T-rex pic threads. They get kinda boring after about the first three pages. They all look the same and basically the same equipment. It really basically turns into a show me your airbrushed painted canopy post. At least with a scale ship, they have a little more personality and they look more like a real heli.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Last edited by darthdrk; Feb 02, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
More people are into performance or at the very least attracted to performance features. A heavier scale heli is counter productive.

Another factor is that a really cool original canopy is easier to manufacture than a realy good scale fusalage.

???
shimey is offline Find More Posts by shimey
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:36 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
You rule darth. I honestly dont know why, but I can tell you that I cant stand that damn stick look. Thats why after a month of having my first heli, I did this. Eurocopter bk-117. Hope you like.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:41 PM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Yo darth, when is the hind coming about? Im saving for a new fuse and itll be between either a hind or ec350.
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:45 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
No yet sure when, it may be a little while. Got alot to Juggle here. That BK117 sure looks real simular to the EC135. must be a close cousin.
Old Feb 02, 2007, 10:49 PM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
I personally like both types of flying. 3D maneuvers are awesome, but I love the look of a model flying as scale as possible (smooth, nice turns and flares when landing etc.)

A questing regarding scale fuselages: Is there anyway to dampen the sound that electric helicopters make? Would a belt drive on both the main and tail rotors get rid of some of the high pitch whine and let the blade noise come through more? I love the noise when the chop the air, but usually I can't hear it due to the gear noise!

Also, I just found this:

www.scalerchelis.com

I don't know if you all have already been browsing this site but there are some really nice heli's on there!
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
Last edited by rdogg32; Feb 02, 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2007, 11:55 PM
Joined Dec 2006
605 Posts
http://www.scalerchelis.com/g2/main....n+350.jpg.html

Want one .....

(Darth ????!)
Cooker is offline Find More Posts by Cooker
Old Feb 02, 2007, 11:59 PM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
Boy Howdy! That is nice!

I was drooling over this build gallery:
http://www.scalerchelis.com/g2/main....o-BIG-Airwolf/
What incredible craftsmanship on the supplier of the kit and the person who was building it!
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
Old Feb 03, 2007, 12:01 AM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
I believe the bk117 is the ec 135, and if not, its based off it and made by the same company. I have this great book, its an encyclopedia of world aircraft, and its well over 1000 pages long. Every plane is illustrated and many have 3 view drawings. If you dont have one yet you should get one darth, if only for your manufacturing of fuses. Id be glad to give you the name of the author and all other info if you want or need it. By the way, I also like {more like love} both types of flying, but there is just something right and cool about a scale model flaring and so on. I mean really, if were in this to make "models" of the real thing, they may as well at least look like the real thing. With so much else going on in the hobby, especially in helis, people seem to get drawn away from this subtle but amazing art of scale modeling and flying...
Old Feb 03, 2007, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2006
605 Posts
Darth ... Any chance of a russian black shark in the pipeline ???
Cooker is offline Find More Posts by Cooker
Old Feb 03, 2007, 01:12 AM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
CzechSix, I agree with you. I'm not interested in 3D either, I want longer flight times and somthing that actually looks real!

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to do scale, then you have to go larger. And when I say larger I mean TURBINE!! Yes its the $10,000 toy. But what a toy!!!

Here are some links, check them out!!

Its starts of like this...

http://www.airstarintl.com/turbine.html

then with the appropriate body can turn out like these...C

NOW, Check out these video's!! http://www.airstarintl.com/videopage.htm
WildDuke is online now Find More Posts by WildDuke
Last edited by WildDuke; Feb 03, 2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2007, 04:44 AM
Sidewalkers stand clear!
Sweden
Joined Jan 2007
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDuke
CzechSix, I agree with you. I'm not interested in 3D either, I want longer flight times and somthing that actually looks real!

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to do scale, then you have to go larger. And when I say larger I mean TURBINE!! Yes its the $10,000 toy. But what a toy!!!

Here are some links, check them out!
That are some mighty cool realistic heli's. I Think i will talk with the bank and tell them *i wanna get a car give me doe! and then go get one of these
Cityflyer is offline Find More Posts by Cityflyer
Old Feb 03, 2007, 10:09 AM
North Bay, CA
Joined Aug 2002
374 Posts
So the real question is which is more expensive, the helicopter or the bikini chick? Never mind, I already know the answer to that.

I was very impressed by this German built turbine MI 24 Hind in this video:
http://www.scalecopter.de/Video.59.0.html

Somehow I dont think turbine qualifies as "micro heli" though.

Darth, got any photos of your projects in the pipe?
CzechSix is offline Find More Posts by CzechSix
Last edited by CzechSix; Feb 03, 2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2007, 10:54 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
WildDuke, Those arent scale helicopters, those are works of art . It would be a tearful experience to wreck one of those. I guess if I added all my helis up and sold them I could probably get an Turbine heli minus the motor.
Old Feb 03, 2007, 12:13 PM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
You're right CzechSix they aren't micro's. If you want something in micro size I think you'll have to make it yourself. I have not been impressed with any of the existing lids for micro heli's.
WildDuke is online now Find More Posts by WildDuke