HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2007, 09:48 AM
Atlanta area
Joined Nov 2001
170 Posts
Discussion
Cherokee County Georgia CLUB???

I know there is/was an R/C club in Cherokee county GA - the field used to be at the dump in Woodstock - It moved several times - can anyone tell me where it is now and where when the club meets - and do they have a website and who would be a contact???

Thanks a bunch - woud like to join if I would be found worhty!!

Dan
doberman is offline Find More Posts by doberman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2007, 05:14 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Alas, it is no more..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Feb 03, 2007, 02:41 PM
MARIETTA,GA
Joined Dec 2000
171 Posts
The club is still around.Attended a meeting on 1/29.There are 20 members,no web site.We are looking hard to find a suitable field.So far,no help from the county and private land owners want a small fortune for a lease.

Mike D.
winwash is offline Find More Posts by winwash
Old Feb 03, 2007, 05:35 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were still looking..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Feb 04, 2007, 09:34 AM
Atlanta area
Joined Nov 2001
170 Posts
Who would I contact for membership and I would be glad to help find a field - I've lived in Cherokee county for 23 years and have a connection or 2.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwash
The club is still around.Attended a meeting on 1/29.There are 20 members,no web site.We are looking hard to find a suitable field.So far,no help from the county and private land owners want a small fortune for a lease.

Mike D.
doberman is offline Find More Posts by doberman
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:55 AM
the-plumber
Joined Feb 2003
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winwash

Mike D.
The last I heard the Cherokee Parks bunch only had a couple of questions they wanted answered before making the decision on allowing the club to use the landfill. IIRC the attitude of the Board was supportive, and they only wanted to know a couple of details about issues specific to model airplane operations vis a vis the active methane extraction system in use at the landfill.

I gave the Board the contact information for the Henry County club, which operates their very nice flying site on a methane-extraction landfill with no problems at all, other than a prohibition against open flames (gas barbecue grills and oddly enough, turbine engines.) It was my understanding that the club officers would follow-up on getting the info the Board wanted.

I tried to keep up with the club, but haven't managed to get any responses from the officers in over 18 months. When the Waleska Hwy flying site closed I figured the club was done for. Glad to hear they're still trying.
the-plumber is offline Find More Posts by the-plumber
Old Sep 09, 2007, 10:03 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Any updates on the search ? Im flying where ever I can right now but need a real place to fly some of the models Im looking at now. Im in Woodstock, Ga.
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Sep 12, 2007, 04:53 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft
Any updates on the search ? Im flying where ever I can right now but need a real place to fly some of the models Im looking at now. Im in Woodstock, Ga.
CCRC has a good field. Check out our WEB site.

http://www.ccrc.info/

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:17 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,800 Posts
Yeah, that may be my best option. Ill go visit some.
GoldCraft is online now Find More Posts by GoldCraft