|Jan 30, 2007, 11:06 PM|
Joined Jan 2007
Aerospire Introduces “eMultiGov”, Dynamic Electric Heli Governor for T-Rex 600/ehelis
From the creators of MultiGov, the first dual-mode nitro helicopter governor, we are proud to announce the world’s first dedicated dynamic electric helicopter governor “eMultiGov”. eMultiGov maximizes your electric RC helicopter’s 3D performance by giving you more power when you need it while keeping the rotor speed constant at other times. eMultiGov achieves this by monitoring the helicopter rotor speed and automatically adjusting the input to your motor’s electronic speed controller (ESC).
eMultiGov has been tested to work with and enhance Align’s stock T-Rex 600 helicopter, 600X/XL motor, and Align’s BL ESC. If you can install the RPM sensor correctly, eMultiGov should work with other electric helicopters and ESCs.
• Push 3D performance to the limits by giving you more power when you need it while keeping the rotor speed constant at other times
• Get consistent flight feel from start to finish; unlike some ESC governors, RPM does not drop as battery voltage drops (as long battery can provide enough power)
• Replaces and can produce better 3D performance compared with ESC governors. Gives you dynamic governing with low-cost, high current airplane ESCs
• Easy installation and upgrade to stock T-Rex 600
• Eliminates guesswork in setting up target RPM; unlike ESC governors, no optical tachometer/tweaking needed
• Maximum RPM reached during flight viewable after flight
• Fast, dedicated microprocessor controls actual rotor speed – not just motor speed which may differ from rotor speed due to one-way bearings
• Three individual remotely selectable speed and low throttle point settings
• Detachable backlit LCD makes setup fast and easy
• Only one LCD configuration module is needed for any number of eMultiGov or MultiGov (nitro governor) units
• Built-in adjustable slow startup and throttle failsafe
• Small and light board adds almost no weight to model
• Works with Futaba, JR, and Spektrum receivers
• Software can be upgraded for future enhancements. eMultiGov can be sent to Aerospire and converted to nitro helicopter MultiGov without any hardware changes
• Designed and developed in the USA
To obtain customer feedback, we are only selling 30 units in this limited release. If you are a hardcore 3D pilot who demands the best or sport pilot looking for an easy-to-use electric governor, we encourage you to try eMultiGov.
You can watch T-Rex 600 test flight videos here:
Adobe PDF product manual is here:
Example installations on T-Rex 600:
We will be at the Las Vegas Fun Fly next week (Feb. 9-11) and will have some units for you to try out. Pilots flying with eMultiGov on their T-Rex 600s in Vegas are Lukas Riva, Philip Cadiz, Brandon Updike, and Mike Wilson.
eMultiGov with detachable backlit configuration LCD is $95 USD. If you already have MultiGov or have access to an Aerospire LCD, you can purchase eMultiGov without LCD for $70 USD. To order eMultiGov in this limited release, go to http://www.aerospire.com
|Jan 30, 2007, 11:16 PM|
What great looking products. This should certainly overcome many of the esc govenor limitations we now have. (the glow ver looks tasty as well.)
|Jan 31, 2007, 10:02 AM|
It's about time someone has taken a stand alone Gov for electrics seriously.
I've been using Throttle Jockeys on EHelis off and on for 2 years now and they work world's better than any of the ESC's Govs.
Lot's of neat features on the MultiGov.
I only wish they could use an inductive sensor for the head speed. Installing a magnetic or optic sensor on an EHeli is quite often a PITA and sometimes unreliable, where on Glow versions the designs are incorporated with Govs in mind. I have had problems with both the Hall Effects and Opto sensors from time to time
I see where you made the point of the autohub allowing the rotor speed to fluctuate:
"Fast, dedicated microprocessor controls actual rotor speed – not just motor speed which may differ from rotor speed due to one-way bearings."
If the autohub and Gov are functioning correctly and not slipping the only difference could be a Rotorhead overpseed situation in rapid descents. No Gov can stop this.
I'm going to need some kind of avionics platform for all the new stuff like flybarless heads and stand alone Govs
|Jan 31, 2007, 01:25 PM|
This unit looks promising.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale WWT 30 size gas heli for electic heli maybe "t-rex"||upperking||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||1||Dec 27, 2005 04:21 AM|
|New Heli Motor - JustGoFly 450DH for T-Rex Helis - Introductory Offer for Testers||JustGoFly||Power Systems||2||May 29, 2005 12:07 AM|
|NEW Kyosho gas heli for T-Rex||rcdrivertim||Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W)||3||Feb 25, 2005 07:27 AM|
|WTT for T-Rex Kyosho Gas heli new||rcdrivertim||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Feb 19, 2005 11:35 PM|
|Concept 10 for sale or trade for T-Rex heli||rcsoar4fun||Aircraft - Fuel - Helis (FS/W)||5||Dec 12, 2004 05:57 PM|