HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:44 PM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
Rave
AEF In Flight Video (Popcorn not Included)

First off, a BIG Thank You to Bob, Mike, Matt, & all the others who sacrificed their time and energy to organize the great activities. All your hard labor paid off. I had a great time and felt welcome from the first moment, right up to the second we pulled out of the parking lot. We had such an awesome time; you can guarantee that we will be back again next year. We had a blast meeting all the folks we have met on RCGroups and getting to know the many others that were there also. I must also thank everyone that stopped by our booth. The people were all very friendly and we had a great time visiting with them. Also, the vendors that were present were the best. It was very common to hear one vendor say "well we don't have that here but if you walk over to "so & So's booth, they have it".

I also want to thank Greg Gambina, Eugene Haban, Alex Zayilea, and Victor xxxx [never did get his last name], for taking our little 5-In-1 eDVR camera up on their planes. We got some incredible video of the Festival from the air. The posts below are links to the videos on YouTube. The quality suffers a little from the compression YouTube uses but it is still fun to watch. Keep a close eye out for the wing man on the war bird flights. The pilots were trying to fly in formation and managed to catch each other on camera a few times [It is really harder than you might think]. Also pay attention on the glider video when the pilot does the high speed pass 1 ft. over the runway. Awesome job guys!

WarBird Formation Flying - #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgH374UE8S0

WarBird Formation Flying - #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_8jSVrcab4

Cermark Powered Glider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-h0KoUo8U

Once again, Thanks to everyone and hope to see you all next year!
GorillaBob is online now Find More Posts by GorillaBob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,711 Posts
Hey Bob... when I dump my EDVR I get the audio and junk video, no matter what OS or setup I use. I even found a newer EDVR-create program and it still does not work. What software did you use for these conversions of the STJ files?
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,706 Posts
Jim, maybe this is it?
Make sure you don't format it with your OS. Format it with the EDVR s/w.
Also, I format every time I d/l to my PC so I have 128mb storage. Otherwise it doesn't free up all the space.

Also, Xtreme Power Systems needs to bring about 1000 of each of their 3 sizes of packs. Sorry to cause you sell out so soon but we had been waiting since the Jet event a couple months ago. Word travels fast...

Best,
Rick
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:40 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,711 Posts
I can make videos just fine, but dumping them to the PC yields junk images with perfect audio. Weird.

We never intended to sell anything at this event, it was suppose to be a "goof off" event for us so we could fly and such. I flew twice, and only to test a couple of receivers in a foamie. Scott got to fly quite a bit.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:23 AM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
Jim,

This link takes you to the zip file for EDVRcreate.exe which is the best converter to use with the camera. Normally we suggest you remove the program installed with the disk and use this program. It is faster and yeilds better results. Also, a few users have had problems with their computer using the Pinnicle Studios codec when converting the videos.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=910
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:32 AM
Suspended Account
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
1,836 Posts
Kewl you can see my shoes in the first video.

Gene
kriptonic is offline Find More Posts by kriptonic
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:47 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,127 Posts
Yeah I was tempted to bring my video plane and equipment. I might do that next year along with some video googles and head trackers.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:22 AM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
Typicalaimster,

Do you use them or sell them or both?
Old Feb 01, 2007, 09:12 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,127 Posts
I just use them. I was thinking about selling the cameras since I have a source.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Feb 01, 2007, 09:16 AM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
I would like to be able to carry a few on my store and a fellow at the show wanted to buy a complete setup.
Old Feb 05, 2007, 02:50 PM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
GorillaBob do you have an online store?

I'm looking for a place that sells the eDVR camera. I'm in Mesa, AZ.
Hellbore is offline Find More Posts by Hellbore
Old Feb 05, 2007, 03:11 PM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
Hello Hellbore,

If you were at AEF, sorry to have missed you! Web site is http://www.gorillabobsshack.com/catalog/ Shipping to Mesa is usually obout 2 days from Bullhead
Old Feb 05, 2007, 03:42 PM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBob
Hello Hellbore,

If you were at AEF, sorry to have missed you! Web site is http://www.gorillabobsshack.com/catalog/ Shipping to Mesa is usually obout 2 days from Bullhead
LOL that's OK I wasn't flying just watching, my first ever flight was only 2 days ago... I'm not a regular yet
Old Feb 05, 2007, 04:19 PM
RC Airplane Crasher
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
930 Posts
Sigh...

Well this device looks great and very fun to use, unfortunately, I'm afraid the specs might not be completely truthful. I just read a pretty techy guy's review of it where he finds that the device appears to only capture 320x240, then it scales it up to 640x480 after the fact. That is not so great.

Ah well, for the price, it's still pretty cool. It would be better if it was truly 640x480

Review:
http://www.dansdata.com/edvr.htm
Old Feb 05, 2007, 07:52 PM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,652 Posts
Hellbore,

Your information is correct, the chipset of the camera is actually capable of recording at the full resolution but due to the limited amount of memory, the factory designed it to only record at the lower resolution. The factory disk provides a program that upsizes the video on conversion from it's native format. Most users use a differant program, which doesn't up size and is much faster to use. This software provides a smaller but much sharper image. If you would like to see more or just spend a few hours reading what others are doing with the camera, take a look here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421745