HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Pat, I stopped by there a few times this week and I was told they didn't carry any of that stuff anymore.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,463 Posts
Arbo, Check Tower Hobbies web site, they come from Great Planes, so Tower should have them Too. Then if that doesn't work, try going directly to proctor.

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle
Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:15 PM
Omaha, Nebraska USA
Joined Dec 2003
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Cool. Thanks for the video.
No problem!
PfalzPflyer is offline Find More Posts by PfalzPflyer
Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
Omaha, Nebraska USA
Joined Dec 2003
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Menze
Thanks for the video! Looks really easy to fly that plane.

Olaf
Dean Copeland makes everything look easy to fly. (There's a reason that he often gets asked to do the maiden flights on our club member's planes...)

Dean Dingman, a.k.a. "PfalzPflyer"
PfalzPflyer is offline Find More Posts by PfalzPflyer
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:43 AM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,463 Posts
Arbo, I talked to Stan at H & S last evening and he looked up the pullies from his source at Great Planes, and they are listed as available and in stock. You might try giving him a call again.

PAT
Old Apr 22, 2007, 03:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Ah, I see tower has stuff that will work (can't recall off hand if they are the exact one's you call for). But I'm back up in Colorado now... so I'll either use tower or proctor direct. Thanks.

Connected the tail booms to the wing today, and finished off the LG... here's a few pics with the tail end on... elevator just sitting in place, nothing glued yet.
Last edited by Arbo; Apr 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 05:58 PM
Fresno CA, good old USA
Joined Jan 2007
340 Posts
WHERE DO i FIND THIS KIETH SPARKS AND HOW DO i GET SOME OF THOSE WIRE WHEELS?
sweptside is offline Find More Posts by sweptside
Old Apr 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Email him at : parkflyerplastics@att.net
Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:22 PM
Maryland's eastern most shoreline
Joined May 2004
566 Posts
Great builds guys! I just got my plans from Pat yesterday and am starting to try and figure out what I need and where everything goes. I'm really enjoying your pics of your builds as it gives me some idea of what I'm working towards.

Arbo...are you getting the pulleys and the dead-eyes from Tower?

Keep up the great work,
Bob
thermal is offline Find More Posts by thermal
Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Here's a link to Pat's build article, it's all text:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._n9477920/pg_1

I had another one that listed the building supplies needed, but it seems to no longer be working.

My 'deadeyes' are cut apart fishing swivels and some eyelettes that I found in the jewlery making section of Michaels. If they go into balsa, I use the eyelettes, if it's on hard wood, I use the swivels.

I need to order the pullies, I will probably get them through tower.

Paul
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
Joined May 2004
566 Posts
Thanks Paul, I hadn't seen that. I'm finding that I have lots of questions about how to build various parts that aren't answered on the plans. I see from posts of several years ago that when the plans and kit were offered there was a CD that contained lots of pictures of various areas of the plane. I wish I could get hold of one of those. I may just have to use the dimensions of the plan and sort of make-up solutions as I go. I'm sure for more experienced builders there is more than enough information...but as a relative newbie builder I'm probably in over my head. The plane just appeals to me so much though that I have to forge ahead.

Bob
Old Apr 26, 2007, 09:27 AM
Joined Nov 2003
438 Posts
Arbo,

I've been following your build thread and was wondering if there's a plan available. If so, where can I get it? BTW, good looking plane you have there and thanks for the build thread.

Regards,
Allan
electric-flyer is offline Find More Posts by electric-flyer
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Thermal: Pat offers a CD with build pictures of the plane, as well as many photos of the original. I also found this site which has the history of the plane and loads of photos: http://www.airminded.net/curthead/ingfost.html . I thought I might have been in over my head as well, but now that I'm this far along, I realize it's really kinda easy... just takes time.

Allen, Contact Pat Tritle for the plans and CD I mentioned above. He's on this forum and his website is: http://www.thuntek.net/pcmodels/ with contact info there.

Paul
Old Apr 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,463 Posts
Bob, Drop me a line at patscustommodels@aol.com and I'll fill in the ordering details. It contains the 3 view the model was designed from, and has tons of detail photos of both the full scale, and the model under construction.

Paul, Drop me a line at the same address and I'll fill you in on the plans ordering details as well.

PAT
Old Apr 26, 2007, 07:18 PM
Joined May 2004
566 Posts
Thanks Pat, that will be great! I'm sure the CD will be a big help in building this. I'll send you an email.

Bob