SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:00 PM
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 F22 Raptor

Has anybody seen Hangar 9's new F22 Raptor PTS?

I saw the flyer today and must say its pretty cool. Anybody know if its performance is better than the P51?

Does anybody know what its top speed is after the PTS gear is removed?

Anybody have any thoughts if this is worth getting. I can't decide between it or the P51 system. They both have similar package deals and I'm in need of a new 6ch radio.

I called Hangar 9 but they didn't offer any helpful info.
Valk Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Valk Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:48 PM
Joined Nov 2006
432 Posts
We are waiting for it to arrive. I like the looks. Don,t want a PTS just give me the airframe so I can slip in a JETT Engineering SPORT 50.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old Jan 30, 2007, 07:33 PM
In Massive Debt
Northampton Massachussetts
Joined Jun 2005
2,001 Posts
Looks like it might be fun if they offered just the ARF.
blizzardwarrior7 is offline Find More Posts by blizzardwarrior7
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:51 PM
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
Hangar 9 tech support said an ARF model will not be out for at least 6 months if at all. Seems a bit on the heavy side.
Valk Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Valk Pilot
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:05 PM
In Massive Debt
Northampton Massachussetts
Joined Jun 2005
2,001 Posts
Yea it does. I wonder if it will shed some weight when you remove the training stuff though also?
blizzardwarrior7 is offline Find More Posts by blizzardwarrior7
Old Feb 03, 2007, 10:50 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,425 Posts
I'm not going to get my shorts in a bind over this bird until I see one fly! THEN the comments might be worthwhile
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:52 PM
Obsessed
Orlando, FL
Joined Dec 2006
41 Posts
I just picked one up today at the LHS. Even though I have a perfectly good comp radio, I justified it's purchase because I've been wanting a Tx to get my brother-in-law into the hobby as well. A sport 6 is just the ticket!

I haven't started on the build yet, but I intend to in the coming week or so. I haven't decided on whther to remove the droop and add flap servos right off the bat, or try it the way they intended first.

Also, I picked up some nice 2 bladed props to replace the trainer 3 blades that come with the kit as well.

A person who works at the LHS said he had seen someone Demo the F-22 and he was sold on it. He hated the P-51 and was reluctant to buy into the F-22 until he saw it fly. I took his word for it. we'll see how it goes....

Pics and build log to come! (not much of a build though, no glue necessary. just bolts together)
Spin Demon is offline Find More Posts by Spin Demon
Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,425 Posts
WHAT? AN OPINION BASED ON FACTS....you're in the wrong thread
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:25 PM
Obsessed
Orlando, FL
Joined Dec 2006
41 Posts
Well, I've opened it up and snapped some not-so-great pics of the contents.

I'm impressed at how solid the frame is. Nothing like my lighter balsa models, this one is heavier and more robust.

We'll see how she flies with the training wheels first. Later on, I'll remove the droop and add the Flap servos and see how she does.

Here's the link to my blog with photos http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...15#post6971745

Cheers!

-Spin
Spin Demon is offline Find More Posts by Spin Demon
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,493 Posts
Guys , I just saw the post , they will now offer it at $159 no gear ect , and in gray as well as the current color .
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:31 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Father & Son trying to Maiden their H9 F22 Raptor!

Father and Son enjoying a nice Monday Morning @ Moon Port Modelers with their Hangar9 F22 Raptor!

Not all maidens end up perfect as this model did not have enough UP Elevator Travel while in Low Rates!!

Ron at the Controls!

VIDEO of Maiden Flight Attempt:
Hangar9 F22 Raptor Maiden Attempt 06-27-2011 (0 min 44 sec)

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member