HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2006
153 Posts
Discussion
Where should i start with this hobbie ?

I really would like to get started in model rc planes. Now as a beginner what would be a good plane to purchase ? I want a plane kit were i can build part of it not ready assembled. also i want a kit that has lots of parts that i can interchange with other kits incase i crash my plane i can move all the moters, Speed controll, servo's to a other kit. thanks for any input.
insutama is offline Find More Posts by insutama
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:28 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,358 Posts
I would start with looking in your area to see if there is an existing flying group. If so, then hooking up with them and seeing what kind of planes are common in the area (it is nice to see working examples of what you are going to fly). And you could get some instruction.

Beyond this, I think this is a great trainer plane:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/easystar.htm

It is not a kit so much, but there is some building that goes in it (you said you wanted to build). The gear from this plane could be used in many other different kind of planes.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jan 29, 2007, 04:47 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Take a loook at the beginner forum

There's a lot of helpful information there when you are getting your first plane.

Bill
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:19 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Yup. Start in the beginner training forum.. then go from there!
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:49 PM
gram obsessive
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2005
743 Posts
After consulting the training forum, get a decent radio, a decent LiPoly charger a couple of decent batteries and a GWS Slow Stick. Then in a few weeks (depending on you) get Stevens Aero's Stik replacement wing kit. It uses all the same components and is an aileron trainer you won't get tired of for quite a while.
T.B. is offline Find More Posts by T.B.