HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
Joined Jan 2007
14 Posts
Discussion
Blade CX on Clearview Flight Sim

I am interested in the Blade CX and have managed to hover and do simple circuits and figure of eight with it. For those of you who have the CX, how realistic is the Clearview simulation? Thanks for the help.
skorp_ian is offline Find More Posts by skorp_ian
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:14 AM
Joined Sep 2006
69 Posts
Pretty realistic IMO.

I have had more success on the sim than the real thing but then again the sim gives much more room to fly in.
xlh1460 is offline Find More Posts by xlh1460
Old Feb 02, 2007, 04:54 AM
Sunday Flier
Sweden
Joined May 2005
1,488 Posts
I'm surprised there's even a sim model for the CX. It's not like you need to practice before you fly it, just learn not to bother it and it'll fly itself .
Rickenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Rickenbacker
Old Feb 02, 2008, 01:40 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker
I'm surprised there's even a sim model for the CX. It's not like you need to practice before you fly it, just learn not to bother it and it'll fly itself .
Good point......... but it is pretty realistic so, you can practice leaving it alone.
simages is online now Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hang on, turbulence ahead
St. Louis
Joined Dec 2007
534 Posts
I just got Clearview, and I have a Blade CX2. The CX sim seems fairly accurate for a CX/CX2, although it seems to have slightly more aggressive forward flight ability than the factory configured heli. It loses altitude when using cyclic like the real thing.

One thing that is not realistic is how you can loop it if you get it moving fast and quickly give it throttle and reverse cyclic. I suspect that would just result in a blade clash in real life. (somebody please try this and let us know how it goes )

I tried the CX2 model that is available, and it seems a bit squirrelly to me. I like the CX model that comes with Clearview much better.
Heli Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Heli Hacker
Old Feb 06, 2008, 09:20 AM
Piro-maniac
Aiken, SC
Joined Feb 2007
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker

Dunno about that - I had a friend over not long ago, and he was enthralled with my FP and King and how maneuverable they were (especially the King). He asked how hard it was to fly these things.

After the obligatory "eyes over the glasses" look and a short chuckle, I fired up Clearview with the included Blade CX - you know - the one that flies itself?

He was crashing and bashing like a drunk driver at the Daytona 500. Couldn't hover to save his life. He finally got it a little after about 10 tries. So, that would have been, say, $40 in parts plus gas for LHS trips. Clearview would have paid for itself if he had a CX.

Thought to myself, "was I ever that bad?"

Yep.
shizack is offline Find More Posts by shizack
Old Feb 09, 2008, 02:46 AM
Registered Aero-holic
Spirit Lake ID
Joined Oct 2007
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Hacker
.....One thing that is not realistic is how you can loop it if you get it moving fast and quickly give it throttle and reverse cyclic. I suspect that would just result in a blade clash in real life. (somebody please try this and let us know how it goes )......

I have not tried what you mention on clearveiw, but yes if you move the control rods out 2 or more holes on the servo arms then very fast forward flight is possible and the result from applying aft cyclic while moving forward at a high rate of speed IS blade clash. Along with a very rapid uncontrolled decent, followed by a very spectacular cloud of dust and plastic. don't ask how I know.
gregs78cam is offline Find More Posts by gregs78cam