SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:48 AM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Discussion
New Lipo Alarm for 4S - 6S (Swift and others))

I got to working with Efliernz (here and on HeliFreak) on a lipo alarm for my Quick of Japan EP8.

So he came up with a custom (at least the first one) lipo alarm for 4S - 6S adjustable. A bar of LEDs and dual piezo alarms. The dual piezo alarms cause a beat frequency that is VERY noticable.

It will be a little harder to work in that to switch fomr 4S to 5/6S you will have an extra switch to throw as well as adjusting the voltage. This was required to get good bright LED lights for all pack sizes, but not blowing them up with some sizes.

It looks like he will offer these for $40 plus shipping. I run a couple of his other lipo alarms and they work super and have saved a couple of packs when I didn't get the timer set.

I am sure he will pop in here with more info if needed.

I have NO financial interest in this product, I am a very satififed user who likes to help out fellow heli fliers when they have a good thing.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2007, 09:48 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2005
123 Posts
Great. So where and when will this be available?

Photos?

- Doug
Flyhuge is offline Find More Posts by Flyhuge
Old Jan 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
I'll fly anything...
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2007
964 Posts
The alarm I made for Pinecone is for 4-6S. Adjustable from 12.8 to 22v. It has the 6x 10mm leds plus a dual-piezo audio alarm on a separate flylead. These are $40 each + $6 postage.

The 5-7S alarm is adjustable from 16.5v to 26v and comes with 6 x 10mm 60000mcd ultrabright red leds. The fibreglass panel they are mounted on is 25x60mm. They are available for US$35 +$6 postage world-wide per order.

Also available as a 8-10S model for $40.

The 5-7S alarms are usually made up in advance. Max delay when I run out is usually just a couple of days. Most of the components are imported but i try to stay organised!!!

Paypal ok, PM for more info - Pete
Efliernz is offline Find More Posts by Efliernz