SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by WarrrEagle!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:08 AM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Discussion
Mini Nasty

24" span. Running a Park 250, E-Flite 10A ESC, PQ 2S 400s and 800s, Berg 4ch rx, S-60 for ailerons, Blue Arrow Micros for R and E. Came in at 120 grams without the battery. Not bad for FFF I think.
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!
Last edited by WarrrEagle!; Mar 11, 2007 at 11:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:27 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Wicked Cool

T,
That thing is wicked cool. You really love the Nasty don't you.. I know how you feel. I thought your Big one got "retired". I thought I saw it in the background. Something that I noticed, and it's only because I built three of them, was that I never put my elevator and rudder servo's that far back. I know how it is with wires and rods .. you gotta use what ya got sometimes, but maybe it's a little tail heavy due to that??? I know I've had a few that it made a huge difference on and I never would have suspected that was the problem. One Biplane in particular had to have the servo's as far forward as physics would allow...LOL.. I'll bet that 250 wings it around really good. Sharp looking plane. Small enough to throw in the back seat and big enough to see even a little far off. Nice job. How'd you do it??

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Jan 31, 2007, 03:53 AM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Hey Buddy!

Yes the Nasty has been berry berry guud to meee. The full sized one is sadly waiting for me to strip it's electronics. I fixed it up enough to fly decent despite how soft it had become but I finally broke the mount prety badly and, while walking it back to the flightline, hit the throttle on accident and the free hanking motor and spinning prop hacked the front ent to pieces. She's a goner! Suck because I had never put that much effort into painting a foamy like that one. The checkerboard was a PITA!

As far as the servos I had set it up with the cg in the wrong place... Need to look at plans once in a while and not trust my memory. I am going to move them to just under the wing. Should give me more room to adjust things with battery placement.

I scaled it down simply by projecting the plans on the wall with a PC projector and moving it till I got the size I wanted. In retro spect I should have made the wings and H stab a tad bigger to help with wing loading.

I have several fligts on it now and it does great. A bit squirlley but I am confident I can dial it out.

Thanks!
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!