HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2002, 09:09 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Bomb drop diagrams?

I am building into my CL-415 waterbomber a bomb drop into the hull at the CG. New Mexico is high desert so I wont be flying off water all that often anyway, which is the reason I am putting a bomb drop in.

I plan on having the hull doors swing out at the CG so I can drop baking soda to simulate a water drop run (my friend has an OV-10 with CA firefighting scheme on it so he is going to lead me in!).

Any help with bomb drop diagrams would be great. I just need to open two doors with one servo.

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2009, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
Will it work on a 1/12 nitro plane?
paulrink is offline Find More Posts by paulrink
Old Jul 05, 2009, 08:57 PM
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
Does the size plane has to have the same size servo ?Or could you use a micro servo?
Old Jul 05, 2009, 09:00 PM
Joined Jul 2009
32 Posts
I want to put bomb drop on my spit fire that is 1/12 scale.Please email me directions on how to do it? I have not baught a printer yet.
Old Jul 05, 2009, 09:47 PM
What's that button do?
Hollywood, FL
Joined Feb 2008
1,347 Posts
Paul, this thread is almost 7 years old. Slope Nut hasn't posted in almost two years. I don't think you're getting an answer from him.

As to your questions, use our forums' search function. There is a wealth of knowledge here, and you're almost guaranteed to find your answer.
Shpook is offline Find More Posts by Shpook
Old Jul 05, 2009, 10:33 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
simplest bomb release is a pull-pin type.

The servo pulls a string attached to a pin. the pin is fed through 2 eye bolts in th ebelly of the plane trappung 2 eye bolts in the "bomb" (which would be something similar to a plastic easter egg with fins added)

The next step in complexity is adding a spring to the pin so its a little easier to "load" the bomb and keep th e pin from comming out before you actuate the servo to pull it.
Adding the simplest spring requires the spring from a pen and a wheel collar.

I will do a drawing in "Paint" to show how these are set up.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Last edited by fhhuber506771; Jul 05, 2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added graphic
Old Feb 08, 2011, 01:49 PM
Rohnert Park, CA
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771 View Post
simplest bomb release is a pull-pin type.

The servo pulls a string attached to a pin. the pin is fed through 2 eye bolts in th ebelly of the plane trappung 2 eye bolts in the "bomb" (which would be something similar to a plastic easter egg with fins added)

The next step in complexity is adding a spring to the pin so its a little easier to "load" the bomb and keep th e pin from comming out before you actuate the servo to pull it.
Adding the simplest spring requires the spring from a pen and a wheel collar.

I will do a drawing in "Paint" to show how these are set up.
thanks for showing a good and simple way to make a bomb drop i was looking for an easy way to put one on my pkz trojan and havent found a way that i like yet but ill try this way out
CasualFlyer23 is offline Find More Posts by CasualFlyer23
Old Feb 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,983 Posts
Casual, also have a look below, (just scroll down), and you should see the 'Similar Threads' list. There are some more 'bomb drop' threads around.

Just noticed they are rather old ones, try a search on 'bomb drop' in the thread titles, there has been many, there are also commercial units available now.

Edit - just did the search, 79 threads were flagged up.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray