Joined Apr 2002
3,886 Posts
One from the Marines...
slopeiron is offline Find More Posts by slopeiron
Old Nov 13, 2002, 03:46 PM
near Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Sep 2002
733 Posts
mmmm, the dark blue isnt too bad but flying it against a dark ocean or blue skies ?
I guess Ill just have to make one up myself. I have some blue heatshrink film (dont recall which brand) to use up.
Lancair is offline Find More Posts by Lancair
Old Dec 03, 2003, 06:31 AM
Joined Sep 2002
733 Posts
Having found this post again, thanks to Seafurys link in Gouchs post re doing up the F-20.
Man what a blast reading my thoughts and stories of early attempts at flying, I was a complete newbie back then, now just a complete RC slope junkie in over his head a bit BUT with now 5 Flyable models and one in repairs

Oh and in these early posts I refer to my fiance, shes now my wife and still supportive of my hobby, in fact she wanted to buy me a plane for christmas, but Ive said no. (at the moment)
Im thinking just a Supernova charger so I can get my existing batteries and flight packs tuned up properly. Or maybe that could be bought later under the guise of "bits to complete the model" she bought me for xmas ?

My F-20 still gets a fly every now and then, in 30 kts.

Lancair

Its often easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Old Dec 03, 2003, 07:37 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,163 Posts
You should read some of the questions I asked when I first showed up But thanks to the guys here, I have learnt more than I thought possible in such a short time (11 months short)

I just need to confirm something, your wife said she WANTED you to buy a plane for christmas and you said no? You sure you aren't from Tasmania?

I just asked you in my F-20 thread whether you had an F-20, AFTER reading this post, you should prob ignore that...It's getting late

Cheers
Paul
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Dec 03, 2003, 08:45 AM
No fuse too fat
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Apr 2002
3,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancair
... in fact she wanted to buy me a plane for christmas, but Ive said no. (at the moment)
NEVER TELL YOUR WIFE NOT TO GIVE YOU A PLANE, MAN!!!
slopeiron is offline Find More Posts by slopeiron
Old Dec 03, 2003, 02:49 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Oct 2002
313 Posts
Lancair !!!!! You said No!?!?!!?!
Are you nutz ? ahhhh it must be the guilt coming through from the $800 spent on the last one huh ?? i hear ya lol

As a sloper ... how bout one of these ??

looks like it has a good layout with minimal changes required.. : )
beefa is offline Find More Posts by beefa
Old Dec 03, 2003, 03:45 PM
I just want to fly.
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Jan 2002
814 Posts
The only problem I see is the Big spike sticking out the front would be great for spearing birds in mid flight. But a bird stuck on the front of your sloper, might affect the wing loading/CG.

sapok is offline Find More Posts by sapok
Old Dec 03, 2003, 07:23 PM
Slopey wings!!
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Oct 2003
114 Posts
Very true Sapok, the aerodynamics might totaly screw up with the seagull at the front, causing drag too... not a very good idea
DuCKy! is offline Find More Posts by DuCKy!
Old Dec 03, 2003, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2002
733 Posts
Nuts ? ... me.. whos he talking about ...

I really want an electric aerobatic type plane, with wheels etc. And have found one but . . . we really cant afford it, as much as my wife would like to get me one and I want it too, I have to be strong if we're to achieve our goals of house, kids etc. And I do feel guilty after adding up just how much I spent on the First +, if I add up whats in all my planes, in 12 months Ive spent a LOT of money on a hobby.

Andrew
Old Dec 03, 2003, 08:19 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,163 Posts
What is the plane you are looking at lancair? I am also looking for a home for my mega that has the attributes you mentioned. It's not toooo expensive is it?

Cheers
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch