HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by raynet11, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:37 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,133 Posts
Discussion
Ray's Honeybee Cool:

Since RCG gives us a blog I figure why not fill it up with my builds

For all the fuss I have had with Esky changing parts around this is one fun Heli. The build includes:

Esky upgraded swash and washout
CC-25 w/5V ParkBEC
Electron-6
HS-55's for swash
HS-50 for Tail
Futaba GY240 Gyro
JGF 400DH with 8T

The heli has a much better climb out then my Honeybee King ever did AUW of build came out to 498G. Sad to see Esky take the Honeybee Cool out of the lineup.
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:24 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,509 Posts
'Bout time you joined the Blog World, dude.

That Cool looks great! Now you need to stuff that power system into a 420 gram Compy and watch it go.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Mar 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
Joined Jul 2006
3 Posts
Nice looking Cool. I have a Cool that fly's nicely except that it chews up pinions. I have a brushless with an align 9 tooth pinion. I have set the gear slop correctly but after a short time, the pinion gets very noisy and shows visible signs of wear. What pinion are you using and where did you get it? Thanks,
lead47 is offline Find More Posts by lead47
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:06 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lead47
Nice looking Cool. I have a Cool that fly's nicely except that it chews up pinions. I have a brushless with an align 9 tooth pinion. I have set the gear slop correctly but after a short time, the pinion gets very noisy and shows visible signs of wear. What pinion are you using and where did you get it? Thanks,
Thanks for the kind words, I'm using currently using the 8T and 9T pinions sold over at helidirect , the 400DH I'm using has a 2.3mm shaft. They are the set screw type but I don't trust the set screws so I locktite them on. I usually get about 20 or so flights out of them before they start to show signs of wear.

cheers,
Ray
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage: