HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:05 PM
Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2005
171 Posts
Build Log
BVM Mig 15

This build thread is for many reasons, firstly it is my first build of a jet with turbine power, secondly it is a build for a world class pilot, and thirdly I need input along the way to help me make the very best job.

The kit is a BVM Mig15, one of the earlier kits I believe as the wings are built up and not skinned foam which are now available and shown on the BVM web site. Originally the project was going to be for a Schubeler 96 ducted fan but we worked out that the ducting was not sufficient do deliver the volumn of air needed for the thrust figures required, so it goinf to be fuelled.

Decisions on the jet unit will be done shortly but for the meantime here are the early stages of the first wing build and a few other items along the way.

Reading the manual has thrown up some discussions regarding the wing strength, mainly in the areas above the wheel bays on the top skin, and at the inboard trailing edge of the wing, above the flap, where wharping in strong sunlight has been evident. With these factors in mind the BVM kit has a few addendum notes, and additional strengthening parts supplied to install at key stress areas.

I will also add a few items as we go along, but any comments, good and bad are very welcome along the way, especially if they are as a direct result of experience with this model
Marc Scully is offline Find More Posts by Marc Scully
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2005
171 Posts
I have moved this thread to RC Universe under the jets section, for those interested in the build.

Marc.
Marc Scully is offline Find More Posts by Marc Scully
Old Feb 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
Joined Dec 2004
21 Posts
You'll love it once she's done
Jetflyer 24 is offline Find More Posts by Jetflyer 24