HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:17 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Build Log
New and Finished Things..

Flew the FatCat EDF. Looks great in the air. Rock solid tracking, rolls well, but slow for what I thought it would be. Going to make some mods and slim it down, especially the ugly canopy and stuff. Rises off grass pretty well though and Vyceroy said that for really good speed, we probably need to make a thinner airfoil into the wings,, which means putting a new wing on, which might as well mean starting from scratch for me... LOL.. I'll make this one a pusher prop with this new JustGoFly 450TH motor I bought from a guy. It's a screamer with a 6x5.5 and pulls very few amps. He was flying an AZ shrike he scratchbuilt and it was hitting 100+ w/no problem.
Also finally built the Foam EZ by GPW, maidened it today. What fun that was, even in a really strong headwind that I normally would not fly in, this thing flew great. Just using a twin ips motor gearbox setup with a 10x8 sf prop. Another interesting project is a Foamfly.com Atomic Wing that I slid into a Universal Fuselage, stuck a Custom CDR single stator speed motor and 5.7x3.5 prop on the back. Got it figured how to work the elevators with 2 wires and just 1 servo, but had a bunch of other stuff going on as well. Picture is without rudder. Took a 3s 2100 pack to balance it out anywhere near the leading edge, but at least I'll get lots of flight time and it still only weighs 9 - 10 oz. Should be kind of fast. The micro Lazy Bee is also a fun project that I am enjoying. So tiny and cool looking. Made it from scrap 3mm Depron, some white, some grey. Anyway, that's what's going on in my world besides pneumonia and feeling like poop.

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts