Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by LKC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Discussion
The Whizzz

The first real RC plane, besides the early Aires glider, that got me hooked was the Mini Speed Wing or MSW. It requred very little space, ran of relatively inexpensive components and only required a 3 channel radio. The need for speed and performance soon found me hooking up with Henry from Zebrahobby who designed and at the time produced the Whizzz, 24" WS, EPS and tape construction, which became my next wing. The Whizzz is currently available through Rob at flywhizzz. This was a huge building block for me. I have built about 8 of these now, each one slightly faster than the next. Henry has told me I am "taking the plane way beyond what it was designed for". I am still currently flying one right now, and it's the ultimate take anywhere plane and always sparks interest. It runs with a 1320-3S pack partially imbeded into the wing, CC thunderbird 18 and a ARC 110 motor from lightflightRC Great performance in a reasonably well priced package. I have had it radared at 164km/hr, not bad for a little toy wing..
Heres a video of one of the earlier version here

A friend of mine, Rob Mueller, another Whizzz flyer even dabbled in rocket powering a whizzz.. named the Plasma whizzz, check it out here
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
Last edited by LKC; Jun 26, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread