HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LKC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
LKC
must have been a glitch !
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2003
946 Posts
Discussion
RC and ME

Well.. decided I needed to add a Blog entry but wasn't sure what to put.
Figured some kind of summary of what aspects of this great hobby that have grabbed me, throw in a few pics and that will be it.. I've titles it RC and ME.

In the beginning:
Well I got into RC in my homeland Australia, at around age 15, starting off with an Aires 2 channel glider, don't remember the manufacturer, but it was a great starting point for me, had a hi-start and some willing friend to run and tow me up. I soon got into other interests, bridging into RC car, electric, gas and electric boats. Then move away from RC for more teenage like activities.. Skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding.. ect

So, 15+ years, a career, wife and 2 daughters later, I've now been back into RC for about 4 years, in which it has been very addictive. With the advancements of lipoly, brushless motors, an addictive compolsive personallity, RCG, the internet and some equally enthusiastic friends I have found myself with a very obssesive RC habit. In a good way.. !!

I have found myself trying to cover every discipline there in with RC aircrafts. This is very dangerious, as we all know how many different areas there are. Such as Gliders, pylon, slope, 3D, micro indoor, jets, wings. While recently cleaning my RC workshop, I established that I have about 20 flight ready planes, and a pretty good supply of "stuff", all electrics of coarse.
The following is some of my planes and their stories that may accompany them.
LKC is offline Find More Posts by LKC
to remove ads between posts