HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:53 AM
Snoopy's Wingman
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Dec 2004
660 Posts
Question
F-106 Delta Dart

I am investigating the possibility of doing a built up EDF model of a Convair Delta Dart and I have been able to find several 3-views. I was wondering if anyone had an image with any cross section views? This would make the the design process that much easier. Thanks for the help.

Matt
Aceshigh84 is offline Find More Posts by Aceshigh84
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:34 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Oct 2002
299 Posts
Not the best quality, but this is the only one I've found so far with any cross sections. Good luck. I'd really like to see one of these done (...been meaning to get to it myself some day)
RickG is offline Find More Posts by RickG
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:44 AM
Snoopy's Wingman
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Dec 2004
660 Posts
That will do just fine. Thanks for the help! I have always liked the Delta Dart and Delta Dagger. That coke bottle waist line is just so sexy.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 09:58 AM
Cincinnati ,Ohio
Joined May 2003
32 Posts
I have cross sections for the 106...............got them years ago,,,,,,,,,they are from Convair but I picked them up at the AF Museum in Dayton......I will look for them ,,,,,,,,if I remember I put them in to autocad...Let me know if you are interested?
Glenn
Glenn Corrie is offline Find More Posts by Glenn Corrie
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Oct 2002
299 Posts
Hi Glenn,

I'd like to see them if you can find them. ...Might get me motivated.

Thanks!
Rick
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
Snoopy's Wingman
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Dec 2004
660 Posts
That would be great Glenn. Can't have too much info when you start working on a project. Let us know if you find them.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
19,987 Posts
Man i posted for info a week or so ago ,Glenn what ever yo can do.28-30" w/s so we can run a 70mm fan and some retracts. there was a guy that did a balsa version way back in 2004 ...but batts and motors are way better now.i'd like to do this in depron foam.i have a 32" sky ray with a HET 6904 fan and a Het 2w-15 motor and it flies great. yea i like both the duce and the six shooter. we need to build these planes ,as nobody has done much with them .
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,921 Posts
Dan Savage built an F-106 for the Kyosho fan (or maybe it was the Wemotec Minifan 480, not sure) and at one time the plans were here on the Ezone or maybe somewhere else on the web. It was a balsa and lite ply design, pretty accurate in scale outline but a bit squared off on the top corner of the fuselage and running back, but some tri stock or bulkhead modifications would take care of that. Send a private message to Dan and ask about it, he may have sold the rights to the design to ElectricJetFactory.com, but I'm not sure on that. (I think there was a kit available at one time).

I saw it fly on old round cells and the stock Kyosho fan at the Best In The West Jet Rally at El Toro, CA in 2001 I think it was, then saw it again at Arizona Jets in 2005, a local guy had bought it and put lipos and brushless in it.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jan 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
19,987 Posts
Yes ED that is the one i found the other week i put it up so it's on the EDF page for today i got no answer from Dan ..but yea that would be great enlarged a bit and made of foam and lipo's and brushless
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
Cincinnati ,Ohio
Joined May 2003
32 Posts
I found my early Cad setup of the 106 stations ...........DXF for files with 5in fan or Jetcat P80 positioned............also found the pcx files..........cad drawing shows location on side view..............pcx is raw just shapes no positioning info. I had built a Violett size 106A from a 1/10 static display mold that the USAF was getting rid of...plane flew well .....maybe I should think about Violetts new electric system!!!!!! How do I get you guys the files?
never done this before!!!!
Glenn
Old Jan 20, 2007, 03:06 AM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Corrie
I found my early Cad setup of the 106 stations ...........DXF for files with 5in fan or Jetcat P80 positioned............also found the pcx files..........cad drawing shows location on side view..............pcx is raw just shapes no positioning info. I had built a Violett size 106A from a 1/10 static display mold that the USAF was getting rid of...plane flew well .....maybe I should think about Violetts new electric system!!!!!! How do I get you guys the files?
never done this before!!!!
Glenn
If you wouldn't mind sending copies to me, I'd love to have them.

You should be able to attach them to an email.

Thanks,

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage
Old Jan 20, 2007, 09:18 AM
Cincinnati ,Ohio
Joined May 2003
32 Posts
Dan, send me an email address..................One guy send me a private email and I was able to send him the file
Glenn
ps can not figure out how he did it .....I do not see a listing for private messages
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:36 AM
Snoopy's Wingman
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Dec 2004
660 Posts
You click on the persons name you wish to PM and you will see an option to send a personal message. Viola. Thanks for the stuff Glenn.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:47 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,921 Posts
Glenn if you're sending out a batch of drawings please add me to the list:

edwaldrep at cox dot net

Man, wish I'd walked up to a garbage bin at nellis and said "Hey, what do ya know, an F-16 model!"
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jan 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Oct 2002
299 Posts
Glenn,

Me too please, if you could... g-squirrel at earthlink dot net

TIA
Rick