HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2001, 10:52 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Long run servo wire torroidal etc. Where to find.

I am using slope racer 120 ws for elec. and am mounting the servos for elev. and rudder in tail so the servo wires are long. I am using f27 brushless power. reciever and servos are quite separated from motor stuff. What torroidal thingy's do I use and how many winds. What kind of wire to use for extension and solder or connectors.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2001, 04:11 PM
El Dorado Hills, California, U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2000
548 Posts
I would assume you are having problems?
Servos "Dancing" in your plane?

On my large gliders(four to six meter wing span) I do not use servo extentions, I solder to the servo wires.

I use individual wire from the electronic store, I get the three individual wires and chuck them on a drill and twist them tight( twisting of the wire shields the signals).

This works 95% of the time.

I do not use torroids, I use OPTO isolators when it gets real bad.
A active component that allows me to separate the signals and the grounds.

martin

MAVA is offline Find More Posts by MAVA
Old Sep 07, 2001, 05:05 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Gman , don't try to fix the problem if you don't have one, if your servos are stable on a bench run then you should be OK to fly .I buy cores from local electronic surplus stores , there must be some in the SD area.

Earl
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old Sep 07, 2001, 05:05 PM
Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2001
75 Posts
Gman2:

For toroid application information in general try Amidon Associates @
www.bytemark.com/amidon/

For specific devices I suggest cores made from 'material 43'. These work well to "soak up" RF energy in the range from HF (10 MHz) through VHF (300 MHz). The core material is described @
www.bytemark.com/amidon/ferrmat.htm

Once you've read a bit about the devices you can obtain them locally from Jack Althouse @ Palomar Engineers in Escondido, web @
www.palomar-engineers.com

His telephone is 760-747-3343. Jack is an expert in things RF and a very personable guy. If you'll explain your application he may well be able to provide an instant solution.

Ray
Ray Heaton is offline Find More Posts by Ray Heaton