SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by WarrrEagle!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:41 AM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Discussion
How's this for a club field?

The club I am in has a nice agreement with the Navy to fly at one of their NOLFs or Navy Off-Site Landing Fields on weekends or Federal Holidays.

Not much in the way of facilities but we darn sure don't do too many cross wind landings! (Unless we want to of course!)

It is unmanned usually but they bring out instructors, ATC and fire types when they are doing ops there. Pretty neat setup. LOT of T-34Cs and Texan IIs buzzing about when active.

Nice cut grassy areas for the foamies and biiiig paved runways for the nitros, big gassers and turbines!

I was really surprised that the Navy allows it in today's liability fear fueled world. They are VERY accommodating!

It IS awesome though and I feel like I am getting a little return on my tax dollars when I fly there!

They charge us $200 a year!

Sometimes we get little surprises like this!
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!
Last edited by WarrrEagle!; Jan 16, 2007 at 12:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 01:28 PM
Daphne, AL
Joined Sep 2007
56 Posts
Is this the field I've seen on google earth over there near 104 and 181?

Hi by the way. I just registered on the forum. I always wanted to fly rc planes when I was younger but being young I had no money. Now I'm getting interested in the hobby again and found my way here. I saw that you live in Daphne and checked out your blog. What is the name of the club you are in? I'm currently looking at prospects for a first plane. The hobyzone super club seems to be the pick around this forum. Anyway, get back at me, I'd like to find some one local that can help me navigate this overwhelming maze of planes and components.
unklejman is offline Find More Posts by unklejman
Old Sep 08, 2007, 04:15 PM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Check your IM, Neighbor!
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!