HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:19 PM
JP
Tennessee
Joined Oct 2003
466 Posts
Scale

Bigger is better and smaller tends to be twichier, you get some half scale monster and that 's probably truer to scale, but the truest scale of all, is full scale! Where does it end! Make your model look nice as possible, deck it out as best you can and then go have fun! But beware Will Robinson, that true Scale bird may just become a hangar queen! By the way, I agree with the guy a couple threads up, a pilotless scale bird is really funny; is it really scale then, that's a good one
veritus is offline Find More Posts by veritus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritus
Bigger is better and smaller tends to be twichier,
Oh'no.....everyone duck! That and you might want to put on the flame retardant suit!
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:39 PM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentC
...when rolling your own. You will quickly become intollerant of discrepancies
Ah, Vince, you've found the malaise of the artist here, haven't you. Our own Fred China (Vancouver BC) is a master craftsman, creates a new museum piece every six months or so (the joys of retirement), and when he shows up at the field with his latest creation, we are all speechless at the magnificence of it.... and then Fred sits down and promptly begins to iterate every single flaw or out-of-scale thing that he should have done a better job on. We all stare at each other in befuddled amazement. Only the owner gets frazzled over such minor, insignificant (and unnoticed) details. It's a neurosis, I tell you.

That's why I always take the easy way out, and avoid modeling my subject after a specific full-scale candidate. That way, I can always beg off by claiming that it's merely a "fanciful" rendition of the real thing. Heh! A piker's way out, I know.
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Built Stinson 105
Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:44 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,018 Posts
I haven't "rolled my own" since college And after doing that I did not care how scale anything was
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jan 18, 2007, 02:53 AM
Guernsey - UK Channel Islands
Joined Aug 2003
458 Posts
Don - Don't worry about me, I have a big jar of tablets to help me relax. Now back to connecting up the foot pedals on my 1:3.5 scale Weihe
VincentC is offline Find More Posts by VincentC