HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 09:28 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Build Log
Fat Cat Jet Conversion

Made some great progress on the Fat Cat by Vyceroy this weekend. So, this is really just a continuation of the conversion process I've been blogging in past entries. However, I solved the problem of how to make 2 wing halves strong in their positions. I joined the 2 wing halves with a 2 inch wide strip of bluecore bent to shape, just over the EDF unit and mounting bracket. So, it actually strengthened the whole plane in that area. Got the nose and intakes finished and covered. Got the tail booms mounted and both wings in place. There will be a piece / former on top of the edf intake / exhaust area where all equipment will go. Oddly enough, the plane is balancing perfectly and the only thing missing is an elevator servo (during the balance tests.) So, battery placement should be right over the CG with no problem. We'll See.. but it is lookinig so good.

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
to remove ads between posts