HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:36 PM
Joined Apr 2006
16 Posts
Discussion
Wlakera 64#C heli

Hi all,

I am new to posting on this board. I have been flying RC on and off for about 30 years now. I started as a teenager in the 70's.

Recently I ordered a Walkera 64#C from a dealer in Canada. I live in the US. It sounds like a great little heli but I am worried about being able to get parts. Can anyone tell me where I can get parts for it? Thanks.
woodrat16 is offline Find More Posts by woodrat16
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
R Sea
Joined Jan 2007
1 Posts
Hooobby.com I don't knoe anything about them but they do have machines and parts.
R Seaman is offline Find More Posts by R Seaman
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:51 PM
Shrewsbury, MA
Joined Nov 2006
91 Posts
Hooobby, like many of these etailers, ships orders direct from China. Not a bad thing, just costs a little more in shipping and takes a little more time. I have had no problems with them.
joelh is offline Find More Posts by joelh
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:28 PM
Breinigsville, PA
Joined Oct 2006
624 Posts
I beleive ehirobo has them too, though I dont have any experience with this etailer
aballen is offline Find More Posts by aballen
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
119 Posts
www.rcandme.com has alot of walkera helis and parts. and they are in the us. Placed an order around newyears eve and received my parts on wend. or thursday not bad considering the mail didnt run that mon. or tues.
SCORP27 is offline Find More Posts by SCORP27
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
16 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone!

Unfortunately the 64 seems to be very new and none of these retailers list any parts or even the heli itself. I guess I will just have to be very careful with it until someone starts carrying the parts. I think we all know what will happen the first flight if no parts are available, but that's my dumb luck for buying a new product. It was just so tempting to get a palm size with a metal head and belt drive. Thanks again.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:24 PM
THE B-Zerk Owner
Peoria, IL
Joined Nov 2006
284 Posts
I think you can use some parts from the #52 if you have too, I know there are differences, not sure how much though. You may contact HeliDirect and see if they can order replacement parts for it (or any Walkera Dealer).
voodoodaddy is offline Find More Posts by voodoodaddy
Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:25 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,501 Posts
Wow, that's a cute heli! Did it come with radio gear, and is it available without radio gear? I finally found a picture of it on the Walkera site, and basic specs (with some fabulous 'Engrish' translations) but haven't been able to find much about it otherwise. Do tell us what you think of it!

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2006
16 Posts
Thanks all.

I did email RCandMe. They say they will be getting a few of these in and if they like them they will be carrying parts. I bought mine through ebay from a Canadian dealer. I was originaly going to get a #52 but when I saw metal head and belt drive I just couldn't resist this little guy. It comes will radio gear "ready to fly". I expect I may pull and replace the receiver so I can use my JR Tx. I never see Walkera hellis without radio gear installed.

I will try and give you guys a report when I get a chance to play with this little guy.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
How much was it? Once I get the hang of flying I want to get a little machine like this for indoor flying, and the metal head and belt drive tail would be nice improvements (unless I start seeing used 52's for cheap). Womder if it would be worth upgrading existing 52's to the new parts are if buying the new bird will be the best route.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jan 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
Hey, I can hover ^_^
London, U.K
Joined Jul 2006
361 Posts
a few months ago I email Walkera and they said they could sell Walkera 64#C for me for $170/each RTF and I must buy at least 4 units. However, the shipping cost was almost $600 so I decided not to place an order
tungnguyen is offline Find More Posts by tungnguyen
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:49 PM
THE B-Zerk Owner
Peoria, IL
Joined Nov 2006
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
How much was it? Once I get the hang of flying I want to get a little machine like this for indoor flying, and the metal head and belt drive tail would be nice improvements (unless I start seeing used 52's for cheap). Womder if it would be worth upgrading existing 52's to the new parts are if buying the new bird will be the best route.
Looking at the difference in parts (from what I could see in the pictures), I would say it would not be worth switching parts out. You would replace the entire head, tail and probably the frame. Plus adding another servo. The 64 has a seperate Gyro. No reason to bother with parts. Some of the breakable stuff might interchange. Maybe the swash, blades, some links.
voodoodaddy is offline Find More Posts by voodoodaddy
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:16 PM
Joined Apr 2006
16 Posts
I payed $199 plus about $40 shipping on ebay. The supplier was in Canada. The last time I looked, he still had one left. He had four originally. Just search for "walkera 64" (without the quotes) to find the listing.

I have to agree that trying to convert a 52 to a 64 would not be very practical. One thing you have to keep in mind is that the 64 is the same size as the 52, but it is quite a bit heavier. If you just want to fly in your living room, the 52 might be a better bet. I see the 64 as something you fly in the local gymnasium or in your back yard on a calm day.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Try it with the included radio gear first. Walkera electronics are known to not work, but recently I have heard they have gotten better. Maybe you could conclude or debunk this belief for us, it would be nice to know that you can get a walkera {finally} and not have to worry about wheather its going to work or if you will need new radio gear.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Jan 25, 2007, 03:38 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1 Posts
test flight?

Woodrat, have you got the heli yet? Tell us what you think after your test flight. I'm tempted by this little marvel too.
dfonga is offline Find More Posts by dfonga