HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Discussion
Venom P51??? I know!I know! Not another one.

I have searched the forums on this bird but most of the threads are for bashing Venom for "COPYING GWS'S PLANES" I don't want this thread to turn into the same. I purchased one today, I couldn't pass it up for the price, 149.99 was retail. I got mine for 50% off at a Hobbytown USA, after taxes it was 81.00 even.
My reasoning for starting a new thread is to see what you think of this plane. I think it does resemble the GWS P51 but that does not matter to me. One thing I see that is different from GWS is the balsa that is glued to the inside of the fuse. Well enough of the GWs stuff. What is the opinions of you guys/gals that have flown one.
Harry
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2007, 03:47 PM
Stryker Fan
Joined Oct 2006
16 Posts
I've been considering this plane myself. I have a friend who got the venom zero, and he loved it. I do remember reading somewhere that the zero fly's a bit better, but like you, I am interested in hearing other people's opinions.
Blittz is offline Find More Posts by Blittz
Old Sep 03, 2007, 01:32 AM
I can make you go away...
Joined Oct 2005
2,288 Posts
I just bought the P51, haven't assembled it yet, but like you, I couldn't pass it up for the price. I paid $115.00AU (Around $90.00US) and included the brushless motor, ESC and 3 servos. I too am looking to hear how it flies, but haven't found much information or flight reports on the forums...
I_Love_My_ABC is offline Find More Posts by I_Love_My_ABC
Old Sep 03, 2007, 01:44 AM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
WOW! have'nt seen this thread in a while. ILMABC, I have flown the P-51 several times and its a great lil plane. Flys just like the GWS ( wonder why? )Anyhow couple things I don't like about:
1. The battery compartment can't hold a TP3s2100, I had a heck of a time getting mine in after gouging itout alot. Even then I could'nt get it in all the way. I ended up adding some lead to the nose to get it balance right.
2. Motor is next, I really don't like gearboxes, to noisy and unreliable compaired to outrunners. Also it did not seem to have alot of power, I flew it at almost FT and it was still a little sluggish, but that may be just me.
Other then that I liked it alot, right now I have the motor and esc out of it and plan on putting a different motor in someday and trying to get the battery area fixed. Hope yours flys great! Good Luck and post your maiden report.
Harry
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
Baptised Heathen
Bundaberg, Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
1,365 Posts
I just got one of these and haven't really had time to look at it yet. Just a quick look didn't reveal any clue as to how to get the battery hatch off. I've hamfisted things off before and am hoping not to do that here so, how does it come off?
batman is offline Find More Posts by batman
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:39 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman
I just got one of these and haven't really had time to look at it yet. Just a quick look didn't reveal any clue as to how to get the battery hatch off. I've hamfisted things off before and am hoping not to do that here so, how does it come off?
Are you refering to the canopy? I so then it should pop right off, if you mean the part right behind the motor that can't be removed with out cutting and modification.