HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by slopemeno, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:28 AM
Riding the crest of a high and
Joined Jan 2003
6,806 Posts
Discussion
Poison Oak update

Well, heres whats up with my P/O so far (thanks for the kind comments, btw)
I called Kaiser and they got me in to see a Dr. pretty quickly, considering how stupid I was. Dr Virk was very cool, and told me some stuff I didnt know about P/O-such as: It actually makes your blood vessels leaky, which is why you leak yellow fluid from the really bad areas ( I had one blister behind my ear that I could HEAR oozing- yeah, drrrrrrip!) And then theres the whole histamine thing, so they put me on two allergy medications, and a course of steriods for a week, The steroids started working today when I took the first batch this morning. My face was pushed out 1" on the right side, and that went down in about 4 hours. My eyes are still red though. And I have this hump on the inside of my right arm that looks like its fluid.

All told: DID NOT lose the Shredder, so thats a plus.

Paid: $31.00 for co-pay and drugs.

Lost two days of workd-paid sick time: BONUS-

So It was windy today but I resisted the urge to head out to Tick Pt and fly. Instead I drove over to San Leandro and went to my favorite cheap-n-cheesy Chinese food place "Jasmine's" (in the Floresta Plaza). Pot Stickers, Hunan Pork, and chicken fried rice, with a 32 oz diet coke for $7.00

I used to live in the Eastbay, so its always a little wistful and bittersweet (hey, is this the freakin' Eastbay he's talking about? Yes, yes it is..)to go there. I moved down there with a company I worked for, and went through three permutations of moves, ownership changes, and ultimately the branch collapsing since the manager was stealing. One thing led to another, a job offer 60 miles away for a guy I didnt really trust, as soon as I was done moving there the guy laid me off...My old apartment was good to me. I used to come home, pop a cold one, start some laundry, take a nap, then get up around midnite and watch Sifl and Ollie on MTV. After that, a midnite dip in the pool, and off to bed. Maybe order a Pizza from A-Town Pizza- god, that was good- I have to go pick up a pizza next time.

I drove my old commute route home from San Leandro up Dolittle drive past the aviation museum (didnt see the Short flying boat-where is it?), past the City of Alameda William Osborn control line model field, and up into Alameda. I drove up Shoreline drive and drank in that amazing view of San Francisco. I had to take a look at my old apartment complex "The Alcoholic Arms" on Franciscan. They painted it some weird shade of pumpkin.
I dont miss living alone, but I do miss my place. I wonder if the blob of epoxy I left on the doorstep of my place is still there? Never mix big quantites of epoxy in those red party cups- the bottom melts right out..who knew?
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by slopemeno; Jan 11, 2007 at 12:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:33 AM
Joined Jul 2006
86 Posts
Poison Oak and Poison Ivy sucks for sure. Only thing that gets rid of it for me are the steroids, usually starts working in about a day or so..
ZXLNT is offline Find More Posts by ZXLNT
Old Jan 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
Joined Apr 2006
161 Posts
I hope you continue to improve qyuickly... nasty stuff... keep up the positive attitude!
NorCalPilot is offline Find More Posts by NorCalPilot