HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2005, 09:57 AM
I crash, therefore I FLY!
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
Any idea of what the total amp draw would be (how it would affect it, I mean,) if the two outboard motors were wired together in series, the two inboard motors wired together in series, and then those two circuts wired together in parallel?

Mike S.
mad mike is offline Find More Posts by mad mike
Last edited by mad mike; Apr 27, 2005 at 09:58 AM. Reason: clairifacation
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:26 AM
Barendrecht, Netherlands
Joined May 2001
131 Posts
I just ordered 4 Speed400/7,2V with the Graupner prop adapters, I'll have to try what props are the best when using 3S Lipo packs.

BTW, where can I buy this chrome Ultrakote covering?? -They don't sell it here in the Netherlands
Cees Kraaijeveld is offline Find More Posts by Cees Kraaijeveld
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:36 PM
Phil Mallonee
Olathe, Kansas
Joined Feb 2005
13 Posts
Horizon Hobby carries it for mail order (they are the distributor)

Horizon Hobby Chrome Ultracote

I normally don't like the film look but this stuff looks great.
pmallonee is offline Find More Posts by pmallonee
Old Aug 04, 2005, 10:36 PM
HAWK3Y3
United States, VA, Hopewell
Joined Jun 2002
261 Posts
Are the foam and vacuum formed parts still available? If they are, what is the price list.
HAWK3Y3 is offline Find More Posts by HAWK3Y3
Old Aug 05, 2005, 06:16 AM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,797 Posts
Plastic Parts

Yup, Plenty of parts in stock. US$35 shipped, Extra Noses are US$10. My Foam cutter has gone AWOL, so I'm referring people to FlyingFoam.com or any of the other foam cutters out there.

-Jim
Jim Young is online now Find More Posts by Jim Young
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:20 PM
NON PayPal Member
Sacramento Metro, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
373 Posts
B-29 Nose

Hi Jim, do you have any photo's of your B-29 nose you
could show on this Thread?

Bill
wildbill95823 is offline Find More Posts by wildbill95823
Old Aug 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
Tarzana, Ca
Joined May 2005
119 Posts
B-29 Air Warrior Upgrade

I have just finished converting the B29 Air Warrior to a very flyable scale model for a purchase price of $39 on the internet. Basically the modifications are these: reduce the dihederal with a wing brace, replace the control sytstem with a standard system and 3 servos, relocate the landing gear, and replace the battery with a lipo and relocate it to the forward fuselage. Install nosewheel stearing. It is now fully capable for all normal ground and flight maneuvers. Check my posts in Article Discussio for details.
epagel is offline Find More Posts by epagel
Last edited by epagel; May 26, 2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:28 PM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,797 Posts
Hi Bill,

No problem. Here is shot of the nose. It is covered with aluminum duct tape from the local home improvement store.

-Jim
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:25 PM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,797 Posts
B=29 Plans still available

Hi All,

With the appearent demise of RCM Magazine, I will once again be able to supply plans along with the vacuum formed parts for the B-29. Also, I have 3 sets of foam parts for the B-29, which can save you a lot of work. Please contact me if you are interested.

-Jim Young
Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:14 PM
Vertical Wake
visalia ca
Joined Dec 2002
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Young
Hi All,

With the appearent demise of RCM Magazine,

-Jim Young
???? Do you know something I don't, Jim?
splatman is offline Find More Posts by splatman
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:00 PM
Richland, WA
Joined Oct 2002
278 Posts
that doesn't sound good. I called them a week ago and they told me that they were retooling their line or something like that and that it was taking a few months... I hope it comes back
Greg McFadden is offline Find More Posts by Greg McFadden
Old Sep 28, 2005, 05:51 AM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,797 Posts
Rcm

I called them to talk about an new construction article (Hughes H-1), and the lady told me that Jim Pearson (technical editor) had retired, and that they were getting ready to sell the magazine. I asked if they were accepting any new stuff, and she said not at this time. There is nothing on the their website, there is no new issues in the LHS, and the guy at the LHS said they were gone.

So, I figured while they are reorganizing, it should be okay to pick up the slack and keep the B-29 production rolling.

-Jim
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Hi,

I just got this kit, i think its great little kit of Famous bomber. I want to convert this into Glow powered, have anyone done this conversion plus i want to add landing gears on it also.

Sammy
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:42 PM
Tarzana, Ca
Joined May 2005
119 Posts
Sammy - you didnt mention which kit. If its the one I modified, it wouldent be practical and to no advantage at all to put little .o2 engines on it even if you could find them. See all my posts on the B-29, it is a very successful flyer and it has landing gear.
Ed
epagel is offline Find More Posts by epagel
Old Feb 27, 2006, 06:56 AM
Designer/Builder
Brighton, MI USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,797 Posts
Glow conversion?

Hi Sammy,

There are several reasons why you don't see a lot of multi-engine planes out there, but there over 30 of these electric B-29's out there. I know of at least 2 people who have outfitted this model with retracts, so it can be done. I would encourage you to try an electric version.

Some reasons why you shouldn't try glow:

1.) Trying to start four .020 before the first one runs out of gas.
2.) You had better make sure you guess right when the first engine quits and get the correct rudder correction in.
3.) Do you know how annoying four .020's would be? It would probably be four times as annoying as one .020!

I hope you come to your senses.

-Jim

P.S. This post is all in fun, so don't take it too seriously, except the part about staying with electric power.