Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2007, 09:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
12 Posts
Discussion
Thinking about building my first RC helicopter

hey i was thinking about building my first RC helicopter i had some ideas with the battery charging. by using a phone battery and when its juiced out charge it in the phone spot. it has 3.7 watts but idk if thats enough. i also am curious if the blade cant bend at all will it fly? i was thinking about making my own.

if anyone has made a mini rc before. i am 13 and trying to presue a carrear.
or if anyone is very knowledgable about this subject can you give me some pointers on what to do.

i was thinking about making it small as a picco but not sure what type of motor battery gears etc are in it.

thanks! all help is needed

Derek
DerekPB is offline Find More Posts by DerekPB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2007, 09:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
I suggest to buy a cheap chopper first, see how it works and then use the radio gear and mechanics to convert to your own design, you,ll pick up the rest as you go, something like a df4 would be a good start for some good fun but serious too.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Jan 08, 2007, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2007
12 Posts
i own a dragonfly and a picco now. im afriad to take apart my picco body to look at the inside , but i will do it soon or a later i guess.
DerekPB is offline Find More Posts by DerekPB
Old Jan 08, 2007, 10:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
best way to learn, maybe take pictures of more complicated assemblys with a digi camera so you know how things go back together.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3