Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 07, 2007, 10:11 PM
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
Yea, it flew good for 2 flights until the wings folded in flight. ...first time that ever happened! I tried to contact the guy who sold it to me, but no luck. I sent it back to great planes and they said the cause was a builder problem - wasn't enough glue on the wing spars and joiners...

I got a replacement kit, but think I will stay away from this kit for now...trying to get back some of the money I lost on swap meet weekend when it crashed.
mrbisset is offline Find More Posts by mrbisset
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2007, 08:51 PM
AMA member since 1983
AL
Joined May 2005
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbisset
Yea, it flew good for 2 flights until the wings folded in flight. ...first time that ever happened! I tried to contact the guy who sold it to me, but no luck. I sent it back to great planes and they said the cause was a builder problem - wasn't enough glue on the wing spars and joiners...

I got a replacement kit, but think I will stay away from this kit for now...trying to get back some of the money I lost on swap meet weekend when it crashed.
Sorry to hear about the problem. Did great planes actually send you a replacement?
Ken Fidler is offline Find More Posts by Ken Fidler
Old Nov 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
Here is a few things that I'm Wanting to buy that I'm browsing around for. If you already have something similar and are willing to sell, PM me please:
72mhz Futaba type micro receiver
elevon mixer - so that I can use my old radio on a Slinger or Stryker wing type plane
computer radio with elevon mixing - this puppy comes with elevon mixing and a micro receiver so it would count as both things above
mspicela is offline Find More Posts by mspicela
Old Nov 12, 2007, 10:59 AM
David
Monrovia, AL, USA
Joined Mar 2001
1,253 Posts
Mike... don't buy those Rx... anything over 11gr. is way too heavy. If your wanting quality 72MHz, go with Bergs or if dual conversion is what your looking for... a micro Futaba or even FMA Rx.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/berg.html

If you want something to bang up in the sky for combat go with GWS Picos.
dleviner is offline Find More Posts by dleviner
Old Nov 12, 2007, 01:12 PM
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
David, the receiver would be for a Stryker (most likely) or Slinger. Is it too heavy for that? It looks about the same size as the factory receiver for the Stryker. I was looking at the GWS just because it was cheap. I was looking at the non Pico size because they had the longer range.

What is dual conversion? Is that the same thing as Dual Rate? I assumed that was a radio thing.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
Also, I'd be very interrested in picking up some micro servos from someone if they have them. I just found out they have a Stryker airframe at rc hobbies that I'll probably pick up today. I've got some micros on order from united hobbies but I'll be anxious to get it ready to go before it arrives if I can get ahold of some servos before then :-) The ones I got from UH may not have enough torque. Any idea how much I need? David, I got the ones you linked to before.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,911 Posts
The Esky 8g servos ($8.99) that Rick carries will do fine in a styker. I had a couple in one of those air frames.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
David
Monrovia, AL, USA
Joined Mar 2001
1,253 Posts
Mike, get a Berg for the Stryker.
dleviner is offline Find More Posts by dleviner
Old Nov 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Joined May 2002
521 Posts
FS: ParkZone Typhoon 3D

I bought this used, cleaned it up and did some repair work, then flew it once. It flies fine and looks pretty good from 10 feet away It is the Typhoon with a brushless motor/ESC. I'd like to sell it minus the transmitter, receiver and battery (original brushless motor/ESC and servos are included) for $80 local. I'll include a Berg 7 channel receiver for $40 (minus crystal unless you're on ch. 15).

Thanks!

Randy
RMoore is offline Find More Posts by RMoore
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
Joined May 2002
521 Posts
Well, I guess I scared some of you off by saying this Typhoon "looks pretty good from 10 feet away!" So here are some pix.

Randy
RMoore is offline Find More Posts by RMoore
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:46 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore
Well, I guess I scared some of you off by saying this Typhoon "looks pretty good from 10 feet away!" So here are some pix.

Randy
Randy:

The photos don't scare me any.

I don't know if it was that 10 feet away comment, or perhaps if it's that we're collectively just not building/buying and flying as much as we once did. Without being able to name names or to count pilots, it seems to me like we've had a lot of Renegades and even NASF attrition this season.

My particular backlog of broken planes to repair and ARFs to outfit, including those I bought at the recent Porch Sale and those still unbuilt from last year's sale!, keep me from considering buying any additional planes for quite a while, perhaps years!

And at the same time I have numerous sheets of Bluecore by my work table and lots of ideas to persue. And my Stubbyier is cracked and bent, but still flying after one entire season and multiple flying hours! At that rate I have enough Bluecore for years!

Best wishes finding a new home for the Typhoon 3D.
Jim
Jim_Marconnet is online now Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:19 PM
AMA member since 1983
AL
Joined May 2005
310 Posts
Randy,
I just sold about 60% of my r/c stuff. From my experince I received 50 to 60 cents on the dollar for brand new items still in the originial box and between 10 to 30 cents on the dollar for used stuff (most of my used stuff was in what most called new condition). In general, you have to nearly give stuff away since most like myself buy new. Just some thoughts, hope you sell your plane.
Ken
Ken Fidler is offline Find More Posts by Ken Fidler
Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
Joined Oct 2007
93 Posts
Based on Ken's assumption, it would be $159 * 0.3 = $48 for 30 cents on the dollar. I'll pay that.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 07:26 PM
Joined Jun 2007
59 Posts
Stryker!!

Im looking for an RTF or ARF stryker or parts that would work well for a stryker. im either going to build my own or buy one that someone is willing to sell. Im also looking for or other planes that fly well in the wind .

-David
bouncethis is offline Find More Posts by bouncethis
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:50 PM
Joined Nov 2004
337 Posts
Any FLITON model airplane 25% off

Hi folks, I have a offer from Fliton for a discount on any Fliton airplane they sell from the factory. I was thinking that I don't need to buy any more planes right now, but if someone is considering buying a new Fliton model, maybe you want a discount? I can get any single plane for 25% off, just this one time...so if you are interested, tell me the plane and send me the money for it...I'll order it and have it here in a few days. Free shipping too.

Caleb
mrbisset is offline Find More Posts by mrbisset