Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Discussion
Parker Report 1/7/07 Pizza Delivery Service announced

The winds were strong, NE42 mph. Chilly. I wore long johns and goggle.

I arrived at 11:00. Steve was already there. Then came up Sloper Joe, Ray, Charlie. Dean came up later.

It was a JW day. The winds were so strong, I could hardly stand on edge. The backside was clean. I enjoyed DS but at the end, crashed JW disabling it.

Dean had another mishap with Bird, failing stall landing. When the plane was about to touch down, it was blown back and cartwheeled to break tail.

Ray taught Charlie how to DS using a trainer TX. I suggested that he should start a DS school.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Last edited by John Kim; Jan 07, 2007 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2007, 10:00 PM
DS Will Change Your Life!
Parker Mtn / Valencia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
779 Posts
Today was fun and fast. Frontside lift was incredible! Nobody really went too fast...Dean popped off a 175 with the C Bird and I had a top of 130 with my beat down JW. Backside was pretty rough at times but also had some clean pockets if you stayed low (like me ) Other than that, we got pizza delivered and enjoyed warm slices of pepperoni and cheese pizza
_Sloper is offline Find More Posts by _Sloper
Old Jan 07, 2007, 10:30 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jul 2004
1,382 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it after all today. Seems to be my MO for a while now. I started out for Parker too late, and just stopped in Rosamond to fly Willow Springs butte. The air was clean when I got there and had a lot of fun with my JW until I stripped a servo.

Finally got up the nerve to DS my Destiny. What a difference! The energy coming back out scared the crap out of me. I have seen people do it a lot, but when its you on the sticks, WOW.

To make a long story short, the air started to get dirty and the shear started to creep down and get weird. I should have stopped while I was ahead. No way. I dove back in and went low, smack down. I pulled up on the elevator, and the Destiny just went straight like it was getting pulled down the hill, it whipped around and pancaked the hill, broke the fuse and the wing.

I thought I lost elevator, but it still worked fine when I got there. I just lost the bird to the DS gods.

It is all repairable. I will post pics tomorrow so all DSrs can chime in about repairs.

JIM
Tehachapi Jim is online now Find More Posts by Tehachapi Jim
Old Jan 07, 2007, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Pizza delivery service to Parker Mt.

When I was coming down from Parker, I passed by the pizza delivery car.
But the delivery man was a young, pretty woman and I could not believe my eyes.

It is a great news to all Parker fliers. Now you can order pizza and have it delivered to you by this pretty pizza delivery woman.

Steve and Joe, please tell us the name of pizza shop, phone number and delivery woman's name so we can order too.

PS: A good reason to have a cell phone. I must have one, too.
Last edited by John Kim; Jan 08, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2007, 12:08 AM
301MPH!
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Jan 2001
655 Posts
Congrats guy`s on the speeds! Dean no hot dogs? Pizza sounds good to me!
speedster is offline Find More Posts by speedster
Old Jan 08, 2007, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Pizza will be decorated with figures 150, 200, 250. You must tell which club you belong to when you order it.
Old Jan 08, 2007, 03:48 PM
Circle Jockey
A Sasquatch took my plane! Tujunga. Ca.
Joined May 2004
2,412 Posts
A few more shots of Cali the Parker Mountain pizza delivery goddess. We will be ordering a lot more pizza in the future!

Dean
D.S. is offline Find More Posts by D.S.
Last edited by D.S.; Jan 08, 2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2007, 04:03 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,214 Posts
I hope you guys gave her a big tip.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Jan 08, 2007, 05:28 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,049 Posts
By the way she's smiling I would guess they did.
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Old Jan 08, 2007, 05:34 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Dang, I've got to give this DS'ing thing a try. Looks like there's more fringe benefits than racing.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Jan 08, 2007, 05:43 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,219 Posts
Time for a Parker Mtn road trip. Tip well.
What address did you give them?

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2007, 06:15 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,831 Posts
Hey Ian,

Let me know what day you want to leave. Either Parker or the Kansas dam is calling. I need to get away from the snow for a while! Cruchies fixed and waiting to go fast. Crossover needs some quick wiring harness fixes and my LED LJ will be ready in 30 mins.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Jan 08, 2007, 08:30 PM
Joined Feb 2006
779 Posts
Parker was rippin today...35-40 MPH winds...even better then yesterday. Backside was so glassy and full of energy! Before I went to Parker I tried out a new spot that is just a few miles east of Parker I named "Enchanted Hill". Big DS groove..N wind...easy 200+ hill.

Joe

Oh ya, for Pizza Delivery - Call The Acton Pizza Place - 661 269 0096 - Tell them your at Parker Mountain
Last edited by _Sloper; Jan 08, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2007, 08:46 PM
Nothing Special
Middletown, CT
Joined Dec 2003
272 Posts
Could you guys please give a new guy some directions to this place? I want to come out sat to check this DSing out. I will be comming from San Diego, I live right off the 15 @ Friars. Thanks!
grouch is offline Find More Posts by grouch
Old Jan 08, 2007, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch
Could you guys please give a new guy some directions to this place? I want to come out sat to check this DSing out. I will be comming from San Diego, I live right off the 15 @ Friars. Thanks!
http://www.sloperacing.com/sites/Parker.htm