Old Jan 06, 2007, 08:49 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,676 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Alert!!! what happened to TSHARK? still waiting for $300 learjet or cash back

TSHARK sold me this learjet

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609553

After his last message in the for sale post, I did not hear from him or receive an airplane for 3 weeks. After repeated attempts to contact him during that time he finally got back to me and said that a member of his family had passed away in the UK. I feel for him and he promised to pay back the $300 right then. That was a week ago and still no money from TSHARK. Now after repeated attempts to contact him again, no replys. I decided to dispute the sale with paypal and he still does not reply. So here we are. I hate to make it public but what else can I do? At this point, I would like to just get my money back and forget the whole deal.
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2007, 09:28 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Nov 2005
1,014 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
wow, and he had a feedback of 22, sorry mate!
Z400Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Z400Flyer
Old Jan 06, 2007, 10:00 PM
SKY-MOLE HIT HARD GO DEEP
United States, UT, Price
Joined May 2006
460 Posts
Trader Rating: 373
If I remember correctly, this is the same seller that sold a CBM A10 to one of our fellow RC`ers, the buyer eventually went straight to a claim with PayPal and that`s the only thing that got the seller`s attention.
gliders is offline Find More Posts by gliders
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:05 AM
USA, VA, Arlington
Joined Jul 2002
447 Posts
Trader Rating: 44
I bought two big planes from George 6 months ago. The sales went well. There was some shipping damage to the H9 1.50 Cessna 182's tail which we haggled about and he helped replace. The planes were very much as advertised. My bet is that he's good for it. I've met bums via RCGroups classifieds and he is not one. Paypal will only consider disputes within 30 days of the original transfer so you can't wait forever. I'm still owed $135 or product from MAYHEMRC but I believed his excuses and waited too long to use Paypal's dispute resolution process. Lesson learned: don't wait.
LaxLife is offline Find More Posts by LaxLife
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:42 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,676 Posts
Hope you are right still havent heard from him.
Old Jan 07, 2007, 11:59 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,532 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
I bought a Astro flight charger from TSHARK and I had to file a complaint to paypal before he responded to my numerous attempts at contacting him. I did end up get the charger (after 2 months) but it wasn't without an incident.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jan 09, 2007, 04:48 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,676 Posts
Filed clame on paypal still no TSHARK
Old Jan 09, 2007, 06:07 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 376
So why does TSHARK only have one negative....... on the Lear Jet ????

Old_dude
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:22 AM
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Nov 2003
1,472 Posts
Trader Rating: 85
I was the purchaser of the CBM A-10 and Gliders is right, I did have to go straight to the claim process in Paypal. The reason I did not give a negative feedback was that his excuse seemed fairly plausible at the time. Seeing others in the same boat receiving fairly similar excuses does taint my impression (he told me he had to go out of town for a reason that escapes me now). I did receive the A-10 and it was very, very well packed. However, bottom line - I think he's lazy. It doesn't take but a few seconds to give someone a status, especially for someone who has handed over their cash and has waited as long as you have. Lock up his paypal account (especially if he is currently selling other items) by filing a claim. Don't mess with the dispute.

Joe
JPHen is offline Find More Posts by JPHen
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z400Flyer
wow, and he had a feedback of 22, sorry mate!
So, I repeat.. Where are the negatives ?????????

I like to rely on the feedbacks. And, if someone does me wrong, you can bet I'll leave a negative feedback. I feel like I have a responsibility to others to inform them by leaving the negative.

Old_dude
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:38 PM
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Nov 2003
1,472 Posts
I believed the reason for the delay was legitimate. and maybe I'm a little naive, but I did not think that merited a negative feedback at that time. Perhaps others felt the same way in their experience.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:37 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
So, is he mailing from England?
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
USA, MI, Woodhaven
Joined Feb 2003
271 Posts
Trader Rating: 193
I agree with "Old Dude" any time you have to file a claim with PayPal to get your merchandise, and sweat it out thinking this guy has ripped you off with your hard earned money.
Plus too lazy to send you an e-mail, or keep in touch, he deserves a Negative feedback in my book!
Kilowatts is offline Find More Posts by Kilowatts
Last edited by Kilowatts; Jan 17, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:06 AM
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Nov 2003
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatts
I agree with "Old Dude" any time you have to file a claim with PayPal to get your merchandise, and sweat it out thinking this guy has riped you off with your hard earned money.
Plus too lazy to send you an e-mail, or keep in touch, he deserves a Negative feedback in my book!
I do concur with that. I was probably too lenient in that regards as I did receive the plane and was satisfied with his excuse at that time. However, seeing this thread, my original opinion of my transaction has changed. If you look at things as a one time occurrence you may have one opinion, but viewed as a whole over a period of time with other buyers, his repeated actions would make you think twice.

Now, would filing a negative feedback for my transaction of a few months ago where my impression of the transaction has changed be considered wrong and would I risk a negative feedback from TSHark as retribution? I know this won't help immediately for RCGeorge, but may help in the future.

RCGeorge, best of luck. I do think you will get your funds back shortly. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 07:09 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Trader Rating: 141
I'm not taking sides here, but pointing out that when I am away from home, I have no access to personal email, paypal, and often RCGroups. If he had to travel on short notice, he might be out of touch electronically until he returns.
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Closed Thread