HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2008, 02:02 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Yup - its 25mm to 30mm measured from the LE where the wing angle changes.
Note not fwd - from LE back.
Does that make sense ?
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:06 AM
Joined Oct 2008
113 Posts
Is a 4 Ch receiver sufficeint to operate the FunJet? Why they recommend 6 Ch?

2 channel for 2 servos, one for ESC, total is 3 Ch, why do they need a 6 Ch receiver?
toyheli is offline Find More Posts by toyheli
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyheli
Is a 4 Ch receiver sufficeint to operate the FunJet? Why they recommend 6 Ch?

2 channel for 2 servos, one for ESC, total is 3 Ch, why do they need a 6 Ch receiver?

A 4-channel receiver would work fine as long as your radio has elevon mixing. Just plug your servos into aileron/elevator channels.

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Apr 06, 2009, 04:14 PM
Electric flight addict
Aldergrove (ship to WA state please)
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Hay Guys,

Need your expertise on this one... I decided that instead of a in-runner motor, I would go with a high Kv out-runner instead. I talked with the lhs and they said it should work fine... just wondering on the mount?? any ideas. Thnks.
E-Flyer_360 is offline Find More Posts by E-Flyer_360
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:52 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Where is the best online place to get one?

How do they compare to the Park zone Stryker, I can get those locally.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Apr 19, 2009, 03:54 AM
BLANIK213
United States, NY, Phoenicia
Joined Feb 2008
665 Posts
Try justgofly.com or innov8tivedesigns.com
blanik213 is offline Find More Posts by blanik213
Old Jun 03, 2009, 12:07 PM
Melbourne, Florida
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2008
67 Posts
Question... I still have my Neu 1105/3.5Y motor, but i upgraded to a 60 amp esc and now running 2200 4s 30c lipo... what prop do you think would be best with this setup? Thanks for the help!
Abzauris is offline Find More Posts by Abzauris
Old Jul 06, 2009, 05:01 PM
Duck Fan
orting, WA
Joined Nov 2007
10 Posts
great review. I finished my fun jet today and hope to maiden it tomorrow. I had some trouble lining up the motor to have the thrust line be at zero, so i used 2 washers as shims between the motor mounting plate and the mount itself, and was able to get it to line up. i thought i would pass that along to all whom might have the same problems.
jon myers is offline Find More Posts by jon myers
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:27 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,780 Posts
Im really looking for some speed here, but I am on a budget. Could you guys tell me if this is a good setup, because its at a great price!

http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...roducts_id=463
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:00 AM
Posse Member
Joined Jun 2009
778 Posts
ESC Location???

Where is the best location to mount ESC? I got a used FJ and dont know where to mount it? Need to mount RX too. Help!
Eddie.C is offline Find More Posts by Eddie.C
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:20 PM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,409 Posts
Nice Review!

Just assembling a FJ at the moment, using Stryker innards...

1. Boy oh boy those motor mount screws are way overkill! Unless maybe you are putting 2000W through the motor mount (and I'd guess you'd be overcoming the integrity of the foam at those power levels!)

2. Decals. Probably I missed something, 'cos the instructions I have say something like "refer to box artwork for decal placement"... and then the box has no picture of the underside! No big deal, of course...

3. Stryker innards: not too bad:
- Stryker servos are more HS81 sized, so I cut out the foam to fit them. In retrospect I might have gone for new, smaller (HS56Bs or equivalent) servos so the servo covers fitted to the moulded outline. I placed mine with a spot of hotglue...
- Stryker brushless motor only had 2 holes match the motor mount - should still be OK.

In terms of original packaging, I'd have expected Multiplex to get an award for such an efficient way of packing foam parts in the smallest space with most protection. Very neat!
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:49 AM
Never Stop Learning
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2005
1,111 Posts
My current power setup:

MicroDAN 2505 SPEED 2800 Kv
Turnigy 60 amp ESC
FlightMax 40C 2200 mah lipo
Prop - APC E 6x5.5
AUW - 23 oz.
Hitech HS-85MG
Jaguar22 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar22
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jaguar22; Nov 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:36 AM
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
Common Setup for the Fun Jet

Hi all

I'm plannig on getting myself one of these and was wondering what the most common setup would be? Also, in terms of servos would the Hextronik HXT900 9gr micro mini work? or would you recommend others?

I asked for "most common setup" as I'm not looking for overkill or blistering speeds. It would be my first plane in this speed cat !

Been flying scale and 3D's so far !

Thx
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:44 AM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
G4ORCE -

Your question is probably best answered within the popular FunJet thread, where all sorts of setups are discussed in detail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...74757&page=279

As fair warning, some of the more recent posters in that thread are insistent on high-speed only setups (Moparmyway being one of those posters), which means higher investment in your components, as well as stressing/pushing components to their limits that can cause early component failure, so don't take their posts with anything other than a grain of salt.

A good overall/common setup that will keep the weight light and give you a solid power:weight ratio would be a MicroDAN 2505 Speed outrunner on a 3S LiPo pack and 40 Amp ESC. HXT900 servos would probably work ok as long as the speed was kept under control. At high speeds, a lot more force is required by the servo which could result in HXT900 gear stripping during flight and causing a crash.
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Last edited by ChrisWNY; Dec 03, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:52 AM
Joined May 2009
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb View Post
G4ORCE -

Your question is probably best answered within the popular FunJet thread, where all sorts of setups are discussed in detail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...74757&page=279

As fair warning, some of the more recent posters in that thread are insistent on high-speed only setups (Moparmyway being one of those posters), which means higher investment in your components, as well as stressing/pushing components to their limits that can cause early component failure, so don't take their posts with anything other than a grain of salt.

A good overall/common setup that will keep the weight light and give you a solid power:weight ratio would be a MicroDAN 2505 Speed outrunner on a 3S LiPo pack and 40 Amp ESC. HXT900 servos would probably work ok as long as the speed was kept under control. At high speeds, a lot more force is required by the servo which could result in HXT900 gear stripping during flight and cause a crash.
I will check the thread....thank you for pointing me in the right direction. a quick question on LiPo...I currently have a Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 20C 30C burst and a flightmax 2200mAh 3S 20C......would these work or would I need to buy new LiPo's

Thx
G4ORCE is offline Find More Posts by G4ORCE