Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 02, 2008, 10:59 AM
Melbourne, Florida
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2008
58 Posts
Loving this plane...

Man i'm loving this plane... This is my second paint job ever... I'm running a Neu 1105/3.5Y motors with a Grayson 30 amp ESC, 4.75 x 4.74 apc prop with a 2250 Mah 3s 25C Lipo...
Abzauris is offline Find More Posts by Abzauris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2008, 02:06 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
647 Posts
That's beautiful Abzauris! Only one problem....from far away, how can you tell the orientation since top & bottom will look VERY similar?
hawkz is online now Find More Posts by hawkz
Old Aug 02, 2008, 03:15 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
672 Posts
very nice paint job Abzauris !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Aug 16, 2008, 06:42 PM
Melbourne, Florida
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2008
58 Posts
Well, i just look for the orange triangles on the bottom... its not really too tough... and when landing in a field with a bit taller grass the orange tips make it pretty easy to find... thanks for the comments

-Matt
Abzauris is offline Find More Posts by Abzauris
Old Oct 02, 2008, 09:36 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Hi All
This is my first post here.
I am about to start assembling a Fun Jet.
I will be using e-flight 2700kv with 5X5 prop and 2100mah 25c battery.
What are the best servos to use ? Are HS81 or JR331 too big ?
Abzauris - nice paint job man ! Whats the best paint to use on Elapor foam (can I use oil based paint) ?
How do the elevons hold up at speed ? Im considering changing them for some glass covered balsa ones.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Last edited by War Machine; Oct 02, 2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2008, 12:54 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine
Hi All
Abzauris - nice paint job man ! Whats the best paint to use on Elapor foam (can I use oil based paint) ?
How do the elevons hold up at speed ? Im considering changing them for some glass covered balsa ones.
Hello and welcome to RC Groups! I used HS-55's for my review and they work fine, although some are using HS-65's for their ruggedness. I believe that HS-81's and JR331's are a bit too big for the servo holes.

You will love the Funjet!

Ronnie
dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
Old Oct 02, 2008, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
Hi All
I have BMS 380 Max in mine and they are awesome. Much better than HS-65MG and cheaper too.

You could use the HS81 or JR331 but you will need to cut a little foam to make room.
hazens1 is offline Find More Posts by hazens1
Old Oct 03, 2008, 04:29 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Thanks.
Whats the best way of routing the receiver antenae ? - note to self : take a good look at kit before posting daft questions There is a groove moulded into the wing for the antennae.

Can someone please tell me exactly where the CG is ? I sanded the bumps off the wing. A measurement from the LE at the root wil be great.

Maiden flight went badly - I hand launched with 70% throttle. Plane hit the deck - fortunately all OK except broken prop.

2nd flight went even worse - Launched with 100% throttle. I broke the fuse just in front of the wing and broke the prop again.

Ive repaired the fuse and inserted a carbon fibre rod down the centre of it, moved the CG slightly back and changed the prop from a 5X5 to a 6X4.

Will try again tomorrow with a freind throwing instead of throwing myself.
Last edited by War Machine; Oct 06, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2008, 07:50 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Bump - anyone ?
Old Oct 06, 2008, 07:52 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
672 Posts
bump what?
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Oct 07, 2008, 01:00 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Please will someone measure their CG and tell me where mine should be. Ideally a measurement from the front of the spar to the CG at the root.
Thanks for volunteering Gasspasser
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:25 PM
doctorbatman
Joined Dec 2007
28 Posts
Hello everyone.
My first post on RC Groups. Just ordered a Funjet yesterday from Advantage Hobby for $71.99 with FREE shipping !
I'm getting tired of gluing depron airplanes every other flight (including safe landings, not just the bad ones). Depron is just too fragile. Last year I got my daughter an Easystar to learn on and we both love it.
For the Funjet I'm planning on using a BP Hobbies 2212-06 2200kv outrunner, 6x4 APC prop, 30 Amp speed control, 1500-2100ma lipo, HS-81 servos (I fly full scale and at cruise speed it requires both hands on the stick to overcome aileron stick forces to achieve 90 degree per second roll rate. I want all the servo power available I may need on the Funjet's elevons). What do you guys think of that combo ?

Doc
doctorbatman is offline Find More Posts by doctorbatman
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:21 PM
Joined Dec 2006
10 Posts
FUNJET CG Help NEEDED!

I just found this thread from a search. I have the same problem as War Machine....I thought I was being all slick by sanding down the wings and filling-in the wing spar gap to make everyhting as slippery as possible.

Now I dont have the CG bumps anymore and it's time to balance the Funjet before its maiden flight!

Can anyone post a pic of the location of the CG bumps or post measurements of where they are?????

Thanks!

Marc
helihack is offline Find More Posts by helihack
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:27 PM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
If I remember correctly its about 30mm measured from where the wing angle changes.
I'll check later and post tomorrow - pls remind me if I forget.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2006
10 Posts
Quote:
If I remember correctly its about 30mm measured from where the wing angle changes.
I'll check later and post tomorrow - pls remind me if I forget.
30mm fwd of the wing angle change, I bet, right??

I had a funjet last year (RIP) and I seem to remember the bumps were fwd of the wing angle change.
helihack is offline Find More Posts by helihack