Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 05, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ripley, UK
Joined Mar 2004
98 Posts
Question
Electric R/C Pilatus PC-21

I am dead keen to draw up and build a mid sized Pilatus PC-21 having recently seen the full sized fly at a show....its a really nippy machine and Im sure it would be well suited to a brushless/Lipo set up at approx 40" span. Seeing the real thing flying at RIAT took me back to flying my modified Hawes Tucano model - The PC-21 is the natural progression surely!!

I just wanted to ask if anybody knows of any plans or kits out there already? This plane is a real looker - Im sure it must have wet the appetite of many a modeller worldwide since its debut a few years ago??
Phil J C is offline Find More Posts by Phil J C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2007, 04:12 AM
Villers le lac - F
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Famous PC21...

Hello all, I am new on this forum

Phil,
Just have a look at this thread (in French, sorry), specially the one dated of 4/10/2006, you will find all the information requested...

http://forum.modelisme.com/t23047-pi...-grandeur.html

If you have some translation prob. do not hesitate to ask me.
In addition, I will prepare a "special" zip with many info received from 'Pila'. This file will be available during only 24 hours from a specific Free (French provider) option (big files).
So let me know when you will be ready...

You are right, that is a fantastic plane, I love it. I am preparing a semi-scale model 1.9m wingspan with 15cc metanol.
Didier
dga25 is offline Find More Posts by dga25
Old Apr 06, 2007, 03:10 AM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Hey Didier,

Just wondering if you ever managed to get the plans? I really want to build a PC-21 too!
WildDuke is offline Find More Posts by WildDuke
Old May 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
Villers le lac - F
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDuke
Hey Didier,

Just wondering if you ever managed to get the plans? I really want to build a PC-21 too!
Hello WildDuke,

Sorry for this late reaction but email notification did not run...
So yes I got plans (2 plans A1 sc.1/20 and many others infos) from Pila'

Try to join M. Pascal Blättler, pblaettler @ pilatus-aircraft.com (without spaces). Explain him your motivations and he will have pleasure to send you all the precious info.

What scale do you want to build this plane ? If needed, I can send you detailed photos as well as scans in order to help you.

Didier
Old Feb 24, 2008, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2004
7 Posts
Hello !

I just saw an article on Modellflug international (www.mfi-magazin.com)
about a model of the PC-21 made by Aerobel and look pretty beautiful !!
The model can be seen here :

http://www.aerobel.ch/Aerobel-Beschr...Modells.cfm#:;

Not a big model but anyway !!

Regards
AA
Swiso is offline Find More Posts by Swiso
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:35 AM
Villers le lac - F
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiso
Hello !

I just saw an article on Modellflug international (www.mfi-magazin.com)
about a model of the PC-21 made by Aerobel and look pretty beautiful !!
The model can be seen here :

http://www.aerobel.ch/Aerobel-Beschr...Modells.cfm#:;

Not a big model but anyway !!

Regards
AA
Good info! I did not know that a PC-21 model was existing from a kit. Yes, nice model and 1.5m WS / 1.7m length begin to be respectable... (I am building a 1.9m wingspan)
Didier
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:43 AM
Joined Nov 2004
7 Posts
I just ordered one kit....when i receive it i will write about the overall quality !
BTW , i read on the magazin that they plan to sell an enlarged version of about 2,6 m suited for a turbine engine....must be awesome !!!!!

Best regards !
AA
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:20 AM
Villers le lac - F
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
2 existing turbine engine models:

On the left: 1.8m WS
In the middle: 2.3m WS!!

1.8m WS: temperature check just after the engine run, with the PC-21 pilote himself !
Impressive moment...

Didier
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:34 AM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dga25

Didier
Hello, Didier,

On the French site you wrote: Pour le plan, facile, Pilatus à créé un plan spécial fin 2005 (le dernier modèle donc) pour les modélistes !

My French is very poor, but I understand that Pilatus actually wants model builders to build models of this machine? If I understand correctly, that is fantastic!!! If only Cessna were so enlightened!

Merci pour les liens!

Geoff
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:13 AM
Villers le lac - F
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffinpdx
Hello, Didier,

On the French site you wrote: Pour le plan, facile, Pilatus à créé un plan spécial fin 2005 (le dernier modèle donc) pour les modélistes !

My French is very poor, but I understand that Pilatus actually wants model builders to build models of this machine? If I understand correctly, that is fantastic!!! If only Cessna were so enlightened!

Merci pour les liens!

Geoff
Yes, you are right!
That is during a meeting and a discussion I had with Pilatus staff, I learnt that special drawings for modellers was existing! I do not know exactelly why and which is the practical target of Pilatus.
In fact, these two big drawings are detailling the external shapes of the whole plane, but do not specify the internal concept. So it remains a big engineering job to define how design the heart of the bird...

Didier
Old Apr 03, 2008, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2004
7 Posts
I think that the two models on the picture are of HT-Modellbau

http://www.ht-modellbau.ch/default_e.htm

Very nice models !!!

AA
Old May 06, 2008, 01:19 PM
How fast can you crash it.
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Sep 2005
221 Posts
E version when!!!
Specs!!!
pletang is offline Find More Posts by pletang
Old Sep 17, 2008, 03:07 AM
Czech rep. near to Brno
Joined Sep 2008
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil J C
I am dead keen to draw up and build a mid sized Pilatus PC-21 having recently seen the full sized fly at a show....its a really nippy machine and Im sure it would be well suited to a brushless/Lipo set up at approx 40" span. Seeing the real thing flying at RIAT took me back to flying my modified Hawes Tucano model - The PC-21 is the natural progression surely!!

I just wanted to ask if anybody knows of any plans or kits out there already? This plane is a real looker - Im sure it must have wet the appetite of many a modeller worldwide since its debut a few years ago??
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924761
S/L Cechla is offline Find More Posts by S/L Cechla
Old Jul 14, 2009, 03:53 AM
Caravan driver
Lanseria airport South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
408 Posts
my contribution

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539732

the plans herewith are unfinished in that I assume a certain level of build experience, engineering knowledge and intuition on the part of the builder. It was never intended for distribution - I am happy however to share my design - which btw is well proven by now - and would love to see feedback from builders. I am busy redrawing the plans to better illustrate the technique and materials used -a very simple build that result in a very scale looking and beautiful electric bird. Enjoy - I can be contacted at wingnutzser@gmail.com for more info and for detailed plans.
wingnutzster is online now Find More Posts by wingnutzster
Old Feb 03, 2010, 06:13 PM
AGB
AeroGen
Joined Mar 2008
21 Posts
Hello,

I have been trying to contact some one at Pilatus to get these plans you spoke of but I cannot. Do you have any idea who I can contact for this information.

Thanks

Barron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dga25 View Post
Hello all, I am new on this forum

Phil,
Just have a look at this thread (in French, sorry), specially the one dated of 4/10/2006, you will find all the information requested...

http://forum.modelisme.com/t23047-pi...-grandeur.html

In addition, I will prepare a "special" zip with many info received from 'Pila'. This file will be available during only 24 hours from a specific Free (French provider) option (big files).
So let me know when you will be ready...

You are right, that is a fantastic plane, I love it. I am preparing a semi-scale model 1.9m wingspan with 15cc metanol.
Didier
AGB is offline Find More Posts by AGB