Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 05, 2007, 06:55 AM
CAMOMAN
JASPER TEXAS
Joined Jul 2006
135 Posts
Discussion
Stronger Landing Gear for GWS Mini DF

I am wondering what you guys use for a stronger set of skids on the gws mini dragonfly that are also easier to change than the OEM's that come from GWS. The carbon fiber rods seem to break pretty easy on a hard landing. I have been putting a little drop a CA glue on the wedge and repairing the set but man they are hard to get back apart if they break....any suggestions...

Thanks,,
CAMOMAN is offline Find More Posts by CAMOMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2007, 07:02 PM
The Great Santini
Madison, NJ 07940
Joined Dec 2004
1,922 Posts
See later posts in this thread. My input is post #18.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=santini
Santini is offline Find More Posts by Santini
Old Jan 05, 2007, 07:47 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,565 Posts
All skids break. Even Superskids. They weight the heli downand decrease flight time. because of the boom support, the boom may break at the support joint on tail impacts.

I assume you are starting out since you are breaking skids. Bend wire twice the shape of a right angled U. Insert like they were skids. The wire bends on impact absorbing energy. Bend them back to shape. When you get better you ditch these trainers and go back to stock skids.

You can try Blade CP skids. They seem to be tougher.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP